View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #40
T-Moar
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The winner of the 2012 Heisman trophy SHOULD be.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactah416
It's unfortunate that people are wired this way but everyone remembers Manziel going into Alabama and basically being a superstar. That's the lasting image in people's minds. No doubt Johnny Football is a beast and well worthy of all high praise, but it is quite ironic because up until Baylor Colin Klein was the consensus Heisman. KSU loses (in part due to Klein playing probably his worst game of the season, although arguably his whole team played like garbage) and now Klein is done from the race? What happens if he murders Texas to the tune of 6 TDs?
Going along with this post:

1. I don't think we can put the blame for the Baylor game can be put entirely on Klein's shoulders. K-State scored 24 points in that game, which would have won them any other game except the ones against Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. It isn't Klein's fault the defense gave up almost twice as many points as they had in any game so far this season and almost three times their average, although I'm sure the 3 INTs didn't help.

2. K-State won't murder Texas to the tune of 6 TDs. Their offense isn't built to do that. They only managed to put up 35 on a weak North Texas team.

3. Looking at a few more stats, why is Collin Klein's win over OU any less impressive than Manziel's win over Bama? I mean, if K-State doesn't choke hard against Baylor (and maybe Texas this weekend) OU's 2 losses are to teams that were legitimate contenders for the national title. Sure, Klein didn't put up the stats that Manziel did, but that's more a product of the offense that Snyder runs vs. that of Sumlin.