View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #314
ex carrabba fan
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

LeBron didn't say anything that bad actually. He even worked with Paul George in the summer, lol.

Quote:
"But they've been talking a lot," he said. "I read a lot of clips they had before the season, said they were better than us and they should have beat us, so we'll be ready."

James said such an approach is not his way.

"I'm not one to talk much, honestly," he said. "I just do it on the court. I let my game do the talking, but it is amusing sometimes, you see guys, you see teams talking and they didn't beat you."

He said there is a time and a place.

"I've always kind of been after the fact," he said. "If I hear someone talking, then I will have a conversation with them, or say my peace out on the floor, but I will never start it up.

"My Little League coaches wouldn't allow us to do that. They always told, 'Just let your game do the talking.' "

That didn't stop James from working out in the offseason with Pacers swingman Paul George.

"He's continued to grow," James said. "And with growth also comes confidence. I think the good thing, which is a bad for them, but it's a good for him, is they haven't had Danny Granger. So it's allowed him to grow and kind of fill in that role, the No. 1, or whatever the case may be, a role when he's had more opportunities to showcase what he can do."