View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
joshrmlb
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: It's Winning Time | A Miami Marlins Dynasty [MLB 13]

March 2nd, 2013; Josh Rudd's New Office

It's currently Josh Rudd's first day in his new office. Rudd was just looking around, thinking about his journey off how he got to become a owner of a Major League team. Andrew Dewitt walks in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Rudd
Hey Dewitt, what's up? How's your first day on the job treating you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dewitt
I'm doing pretty well dude. I'm still taking in the experience too. Still can't believe I'm a GM. So Um, have you met any of the players yet by chance?
Quote:
Well, as a matter of fact... not yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dewitt
I'm not sure where the other players stand with you, but you might want to have a talk with Mr. Stanton. He's going to be the leader for our team, for a long time.
Quote:
Yeah I agree, I don't think any of the players really mind the new owner ship anyways.
Rudd goes and gets someone to call in Giancarlo Stanton for a 1-on-1 meeting. After a few minutes Stanton comes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo Stanton
Hey Mr. Rudd, did you want to see me?
Quote:
As a matter of fact I did want to see you. Take a seat, stay a while.
Stanton takes a seat in a chair right by Josh Rudd's desk.
Quote:
As I'm pretty sure you noticed, the Marlins have been under new ownership. Now I'm not going to lie, this is going to pretty different than when Loria was in charge of the team. Now, most of the guys on this team are probably on the hot seat to be dealt, but I'm giving you the opportunity. I want you to be the example here for a long-time to come.
Stanton looks stunned. He doesn't talk for almost 5 minutes.
Quote:
Well... thanks for this opportunity... Mr... owner. I'll definite try to be the leading example for this team as long as I can. I want to spend my whole career with the Marlins.
Quote:
That's always good to hear. I think we can become on of the premier players in this game. However, we're going to have to build around you if we can to make this team successful.
Quote:
We have some potential on this team, but it's probably going to be a rough first year.
Quote:
Yeah I agree, we can thank Loria for that.