Home

It's Winning Time | A Miami Marlins Dynasty [MLB 13]

This is a discussion on It's Winning Time | A Miami Marlins Dynasty [MLB 13] within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: It's Winning Time | A Miami Marlins Dynasty [MLB 13]

March 2nd, 2013; Josh Rudd's New Office

It's currently Josh Rudd's first day in his new office. Rudd was just looking around, thinking about his journey off how he got to become a owner of a Major League team. Andrew Dewitt walks in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Rudd
Hey Dewitt, what's up? How's your first day on the job treating you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dewitt
I'm doing pretty well dude. I'm still taking in the experience too. Still can't believe I'm a GM. So Um, have you met any of the players yet by chance?
Quote:
Well, as a matter of fact... not yet
Quote:
I'm not sure where the other players stand with you, but you might want to have a talk with Mr. Stanton. He's going to be the leader for our team, for a long time.
Quote:
Yeah I agree, I don't think any of the players really mind the new owner ship anyways.
Rudd goes and gets someone to call in Giancarlo Stanton for a 1-on-1 meeting. After a few minutes Stanton comes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo Stanton
Hey Mr. Rudd, did you want to see me?
Quote:
As a matter of fact I did want to see you. Take a seat, stay a while.
Stanton takes a seat in a chair right by Josh Rudd's desk.
Quote:
As I'm pretty sure you noticed, the Marlins have been under new ownership. Now I'm not going to lie, this is going to pretty different than when Loria was in charge of the team. Now, most of the guys on this team are probably on the hot seat to be dealt, but I'm giving you the opportunity. I want you to be the example here for a long-time to come.
Stanton looks stunned. He doesn't talk for almost 5 minutes.
Quote:
Well... thanks for this opportunity... Mr... owner. I'll definite try to be the leading example for this team as long as I can. I want to spend my whole career with the Marlins.
Quote:
That's always good to hear. I think we can become on of the premier players in this game. However, we're going to have to build around you if we can to make this team successful.
Quote:
We have some potential on this team, but it's probably going to be a rough first year.
Quote:
Yeah I agree, we can thank Loria for that.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm interested to see what moves you make early on. The Marlins are a perfect organization to take over for franchise mode. The backstory is what draws me in: They went all in (signing big money free agents) and then went all out (letting them all go). They've won championships before, but it was because of spending (in my opinion). Can you do it the hard way?
Old 03-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I'm interested to see what moves you make early on. The Marlins are a perfect organization to take over for franchise mode. The backstory is what draws me in: They went all in (signing big money free agents) and then went all out (letting them all go). They've won championships before, but it was because of spending (in my opinion). Can you do it the hard way?
Yeah interesting take right there. The Marlins have seen some success in their history, but they have gone all in at those times. I'm not planning to do what the Marlins did last year (sign a lot of big free agents and spend a lot of money). We're going to try to build through the farm this time. Thanks for the comment!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

March 4th, 2013; Josh Rudd's Office

Just Rudd is just sitting there, getting used to his normal routine with the Marlins. It's currently the Marlins first spring training game. However, Stanton walks into Rudd's office looking pretty angry.
Quote:
Hey Giancarlo, what's up? Is everything ok?
Quote:
Have seen Logan Morrison's new twitter post? I think this guy is going half-insane. He doesn't want to stay with the Marlins.
Quote:
I don't have a twitter. What did he say?
Giancarlo smiles for a few seconds, but he quickly pulls up Logan Morrison's last tweet on Rudd's computer.

After Rudd sees Morrison's tweet he quickly calls him in to his office as Stanton departs.
Quote:
Logan, what the hell is this?
Rudd shows Morrison his tweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Morrison
No clue... my hack was hacked?
Quote:
Listen, do you want to be a Marlin or not? I don't have time for these fulish games. It's either you stay with Miami, deactive your Twitter account or we trade you somewhere else.
After a long moment of silence Morrison finally speaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Morrison
Miami sucks... I'm leaving.
Josh Rudd reaches across the table and rips off Morrison's Marlin patch on his jersey. Morrison stumps his way out of Rudd's office. Dewitt enters the room a little after.
Quote:
What the hell happen with Logan?
Quote:
He wants out of Miami. Looks like we're going to have to shop him around. He was a total baby today. Think anyone still wants him? He has a large mouth.
Quote:
I'm sure someone will take him, but we're probably not going to get a ton back. He hasn't really mounted to anything in his big league career.
Quote:
Tell me if you find anyone who wants Morrison. I'm going to create a twitter account.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Marlins Deal Former Top Prospect Logan Morrison To The Rangers

Reports said that Morrison got into a fight with the Marlins management team. Hopefully the former Marlin can finally find his big league stride.

Once a proud prospect in the Marlins farm system, the sky was the limit for Logan Morrison. However after a few rough years, Morrison was dealt today to the Rangers for a couple of prospects. The deal also has the Marlins sending pitcher Wade LeBlanc to the Rangers for hitting prospects Mike Olt (ranked 66th overall by MLB.com) and Ronald Guzman along with pitching prospect Cody Buckel.

While most people saw Morrison's tweet earlier this week, it was obvious he wasn't happy where the Marlins where headed. While, the Rangers lost most of their line-up production from last year, Morrison should step up at the first base role. Morrison hit .230 last year with 11 homeruns and 37 RBIs. However, the once highly touted prospect, has only hit above .250 in his rookie year. Also, he is widely known as being a bad influence in the clubhouse and his crazy twitter posts. Morrison should have a nice advantage in Texas though, as he is almost a perfect fit in their ballpark. Wade LeBlanc is projected to start the year in AAA for the Rangers, but he could be an insurance starter for them in the future. LeBlanc went 1-2 for the Marlins last year with a 3.72 ERA. It should be interesting to see how these players fit in for the Rangers this year and the future.

Olt could play a huge role in his first year with the Marlins.
On the Marlins side of the deal, they get more high risk-high potential prospect. Rudd made an interesting trade, for his first career trade in his young GM career. While it was sure Morrison didn't want to play for him, they Olt should fit right in the lineup for the Marlins. Mike Olt is the best player the Marlins got in the deal, and he should be starting off the year in the majors. While Olt did get called up last year, he only hit .152 with 2 homeruns and 11 RBIs. While Olt has some issues with his inconsistants at the plate, he is a superb defender at the hot corner. Another hitting prospect acquired in the deal was Ronald Guzman. Guzman played solid last year in the Rangers farm system, and hitting over .320 with 1 homerun and 33 RBIs, but has a few issues on his defense in the outfield. He projects as future 4th outfield at this rate in his progression. Cody Buckell, the only pitching prospect the Marlins acquired in the deal, was once a top 100 prospect, before he battled injuries last year. Buckell went 10-7 in the minors with a 3.36 ERA in the minors, but will be projected to start in AA for the Marlins. Buckell has the potential to be a top of the rotation starter, but will need to stay off of the DL.

Last edited by joshrmlb; 03-13-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Marlins Release Placido Polanco

Polanco was released today by the Marlins. Mike Olt is expected to take over at the hot corner.

Olt has shown his share of superb defensive plays, but still has his share of offensive doubts.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Third base will be interesting this year....
Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #24
Rookie

CastroRizzoBaez's Arena

OVR: 0

Awesome deal to get Olt! Will be following!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »