Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #186
BlueJays09
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Re: Injuries--Most people have been putting the injury slider down to ~10-15 because any higher and injuries are happening constantly. If it's at 70 and no injuries, that's definitely an outlier.

I have been on 15 and have seen 3 injuries through the first month or so.

(1) I lost a reliever, Sergio Escalona, for about a week (forgot what the injury was) in ST

(2) Jose Altuve missed a couple of weeks with back issues (sprained back?) after getting beaned.

(3) Hector Ambriz, a reliever of mine, tore a quad recently (randomly while pitching...no contact) and he's out for 4 months.

So, in short, I feel like 15 (possibly up to 20) gives good results.

You want a lefty/righty hitter? Here are some ideas that are realistically obtainable for that package. Note, you aren't gonna get an 80 contact / 80 power stud for Lind + filler:

Jason Kubel (bats L, D'Backs)
Alfonso Soriano (bats R, Cubs)
Tyler Colvin (bats L, Rockies)
Carlos Pena (bats L, Astros)
Ryan Doumit (bats both, Twins)
Lucas Duda (bats L, Mets)
Brennan Boesch (bats L, Yankees)
Seth Smith (bats L, A's)
Brandon Moss (bats L, A's)
Gabby Sanchez (bats R, Pirates)
Kyle Blanks (bats R, Padres)
Jesus Guzman (bats R, Padres)
Andres Torres (bats both, Giants)
Raul Ibanez (bats L, M's)

If you want better, then you'll need to offer more or leave the realism behind a bit. Hope it helps.
Yea I went with Vmart...he wasnt playing everyday w/ Detroit and is 2 years 20 mil. I gave Lind and a nice AAA prospect SP and AA CL prospect both 4 stars. Vmart has stepped in and been great for me!

As soon as I posted this I lost Encarnacion for 20 days with a ruptured ankle ligament. He was on 1st, Vmart hit a double and EE ran to 3rd and was all of a sudden hurt. 1st DL stint of the season and im 13 games to the end lol. Ill continue to play w/ 70 and see how it shapes up.

NOW ANOTHER ISSUE. 13 games to go, Josh Johnson leads MLB in ERA, WHIP, K's and is 2nd in Innings Pitched. The weird part is he is no where in the AL Cy Young voting...like 10 players are listed and no Johnson...he leads every dam category for SP lmao, and again only 13 games left.