View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
KingFry
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Chicago Cubs: Time to Break that Curse

Chicago Cubs: 21-9 St. Louis Cardinals: 14-16

St. Louis -- Allen Webster and Adam Wainwright were pitching today and today looked like what most people called a pitchers duel.

The Cardinals started off with a bang, but didn't get any runs somehow someway. Jay ledoff with a double and then two outs brough Craig to the plate. He doubled but Jay didn't score, then Holliday grounded out.

The game started out slow as a pitchers duel was bound to show through 9. Through 5 innings of work, the Cubs only had 4 hits and the Cards 3. In the bottom of the 5th though Adam Wainwright of all people, DESTROYED a low fastball to center field for a HR. The inning then ended.

A big top of the 6th changed everything. Barney led off with a single then Rizo crushed one to right field to homer him in. Salty then flies out followed by a Soler single. Schierholtz then doubles. Mujica then came in for Wainwright only to allow more runs as Bloomquist knocks in Schierholtz then two outs end the 4 run inning.

Starlin Castro showed he had power in the 7th leading off with a HR to give some insurance to pitcher Allen Webster.

In the top 9th some more insurance comes in as Jackson singles then is out on a fielders choice. With a man on first Barney doubles him in and the inning follows with two outs.

The bottom 9th didn't go as smooth as we though. They let Webster pitch and gave up a single. The bullpen then came in(I had simmed this last inning due to the big lead... I thought I was going to lose) and gave up 3 runs and then finally ended it. Webster was great through 8 allowing two earned and 6 hits.

Next game will feature ace Jeff Samardjiza against Jamie Garcia.