Home

Chicago Cubs: Time to Break that Curse

This is a discussion on Chicago Cubs: Time to Break that Curse within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Chicago Cubs: Time to Break that Curse

Chicago Cubs: 21-9 St. Louis Cardinals: 14-16

St. Louis -- Allen Webster and Adam Wainwright were pitching today and today looked like what most people called a pitchers duel.

The Cardinals started off with a bang, but didn't get any runs somehow someway. Jay ledoff with a double and then two outs brough Craig to the plate. He doubled but Jay didn't score, then Holliday grounded out.

The game started out slow as a pitchers duel was bound to show through 9. Through 5 innings of work, the Cubs only had 4 hits and the Cards 3. In the bottom of the 5th though Adam Wainwright of all people, DESTROYED a low fastball to center field for a HR. The inning then ended.

A big top of the 6th changed everything. Barney led off with a single then Rizo crushed one to right field to homer him in. Salty then flies out followed by a Soler single. Schierholtz then doubles. Mujica then came in for Wainwright only to allow more runs as Bloomquist knocks in Schierholtz then two outs end the 4 run inning.

Starlin Castro showed he had power in the 7th leading off with a HR to give some insurance to pitcher Allen Webster.

In the top 9th some more insurance comes in as Jackson singles then is out on a fielders choice. With a man on first Barney doubles him in and the inning follows with two outs.

The bottom 9th didn't go as smooth as we though. They let Webster pitch and gave up a single. The bullpen then came in(I had simmed this last inning due to the big lead... I thought I was going to lose) and gave up 3 runs and then finally ended it. Webster was great through 8 allowing two earned and 6 hits.

Next game will feature ace Jeff Samardjiza against Jamie Garcia.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Being both a Cubs fan and a M's fan, I can say it's a sad day when we have to put our hopes in Wiliie Bloomquest.

Good luck to you in your quest to break the curse.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #35
Pro

KingFry's Arena

AFTER WINNING 2/3 IN STL THEY GO BACK HOME AND LOSE 2/3 TO PHILLY.

---------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
CUBS NOTEPAD: Trade Canidates at the deadline

Brett Jackson or George Springer

With an overloaded OF, one of these guys is bound to go. Everyone knew the Cubs had three great OFs last year in the minor leagues. With Soler being the best of them, he has secured a spot as a franchise player. With Almora young and projected to be the new Mike Trout by scouts, it's most likely one of these guys. Both top prospects, they have both been hitting great. Jacson batting .340 and Springer on the bench batting .304. 24, and 25, one is bound to go. They just started platooning recently so it'll most likely be the one who is struggling most by the deadline.

Nate Schierholtz

Another outfielder on this list, Schierholtz. Schierholtz is bound to go as there are 4 top outfield prospects on this team. If Schierholtz isn't traded he'll be nothing more then a 4th or 5th OF, the Cubs would rather have a nice decent young reliever.

Any of the Minor League pitchers

If anyone has realized, the Cubs are loaded with pitching depth. Not in the bullpen, though. In the minors they have Pierce Johnson, Drake Britton, Alberto Cabrera, Eric Jokisch, Jose DeJusus(is a stud, doubt he'll be traded), Brooks Raley, Duane Underwood(19 years old and great) and Alex Wood who is currently in the majors. (All A and B POT pitchers). They also have Barret Loux(C POT). If you put three of these together in a trade to a rebuilding team in need of pitchers, these guys can probably grab a stud.

Dan Vogelbach

With A-Rizzo at 1B, this guy is always an option to go. He is a minor league stud, but the Cubs just have no room for him. Any team looking for a young 1B who could be a star will be interested in him. He is at his highest in value about now, batting .309 with 6 HRs in AAA so far. He can definetely be a building block for any team.

-------------------------------------

Hey guys, since I didn't update you on the Cubs draft I'm just gonna tell you some of the guys and there potentials:

Rafael Ayala: 59 OVR, has 67 Power and is 19 years old. Plays 3B. He is phenominal

Derek Fitsgerald: 60 OVR, 19, Shortstop. So speedy, is a great fielder. Needs to work on hitting though. Also has 99 durability.

Jason McMullen: A POT 18 year old LF. 54 OVR. Decent fielder with his speed at 52 already. Power numbers also up there.

Miguel Taverez: 19 year old 1B. A POT. Great fielder. Hitting going to get better. Not to slow either.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #36
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Being both a Cubs fan and a M's fan, I can say it's a sad day when we have to put our hopes in Wiliie Bloomquest.

Good luck to you in your quest to break the curse.
Needed a rental 3B who can be a utility IFer once Baez or Vitters is ready. Doubt Vitters will EVER be ready, and Baez in AAA batting .292, 5 SBs 4 HRs. If he keeps up good work I will promote him by June. Don't want to rush it though, could down his potential. But yeah I know lol. Anyways, thanks for the good luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »