View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Tony Aaron II
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

Ok, here's a few notes I haven't seen posted anywhere yet:

- Scouts now regenerate on Sunday, at the beginning of the calendar week.
- The game simulates EXTREMELY FAST!
* Using the calendar to move 1 or 2 days forward is probably your best bet.
- From what I can tell so far, the ONLY 3 countries you need to recruit are Argentina, Brazil, and Spain. Over & over again, just like last year. I've already got 5 potential GREAT players, and it's just November.
- Youth academy players are now listed as playing multiple positions.
- Youth academy players can now be listed as CF for their main position. (Just got 1, he's a Winger)
- This may be a bug, but in the EARLY ACCESS VERSION "Showing Great Potential" and "Has Potential To Be Special" seem to be mixed up, each often showing where the other should be present.
*UPDATE: In my 3rd season, after tweeting @EASPORTSFIFA about the early access youth academy glitches, the "Has Potential To Be Special" glitch appears to have changed.
- CPU teams can now buy your 16 year old players.
- REALLY FAST youth academy players are now possible! (87 ACC, 77 SPD = 17 yr old, 74 OVR Attacking RW/LW)
- Youth Academy GOALIES can play multiple positions. (I have a GK / CAM / CDM - No non-GK skill though)
- Youth academy player can have the same position listed multiple times. (ex: RB / LB / LB / CDM)
- HUGE NOTE: Loaning out a "Has Potential To Be Special" player can get their status downgraded to "Showing Great Potential" when they return to the team.
- Calendar simulations DON'T GET INTERRUPTED FOR ANY REASON.
- So far computer teams have not signed any of my scouted players.
- SCOUTS CAN BE WRONG ABOUT PLAYER POTENTIAL (too high and too low - at least in the early access version)
* Following up on that... The potential statuses appear to be random to a degree. Reloading and resigning the players causes their potentials to waiver a bit.

Last edited by Tony Aaron II; 09-24-2013 at 05:04 AM.