Old 09-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #37
Tony Aaron II
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Thanks for the update, Tony.

That's a bummer about goalies although to be fair, they progressed incredibly fast/easy in years past. Whether I recruited a talented keeper or pulled one up through the academy, I'd always get 5 points a year of progression from that position.

Other than goalies, can you share your observations with regards to progression and development? E.g. - Are your wingers becoming fast and gaining 4-5 points per season of development like last year?

I'm not bothered by a lack of regens. It's subjective of course, but I think regens are cheesy. Talent should be random. Sure, you should be able to get 92 rated players out of your Youth Academy, but they should be indeed rare and not necessarily guaranteed because you're at Real Madrid.

There has never been a version of this game where goalies progressed too fast.

And to answer your question, no particular position appears to prioritize a specific rating for progression. It appears the progression is more based on the players base abilities. Players that start off strong appear to gain more strength. Players that start off fast (I have a LB that started off with 91 SPD, 97 ACC) develop speed more than some others (that player is now 98 SPD, 97 ACC) halfway through his 2nd season.