View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #14
apriliand
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Further tips 1 (some of these are obvious to advanced players):

- all NIKE shoes can give vertical replay! If you look at it, it now has the Nike (and not Nike +) logo after the replay, and I did get these replays with old shoes as well (Foamposite Pro).
- (have not seen similar replay for Jordan)
- height does not influence stats but it does have an effect on your performance. With a 7'0" athletic PF I was able to have a 30 points, 15 rebounds and 5-6 blocks game on Superstar difficulty, 12 min quarters within 10 games. (Actually restarting with a 6'10" PF now for more challenge, and you can feel the difference.)
- free throw is now a primary stat because you get fouled a lot more.
- speed actually works, fast breaks are more realistic (opposing bigs will not reach your agile PG on a break)
- you do not get listed as PF/C etc., but you still get to play both positions regualry if needed.
- screens do not break the plays any more. Yay!
- social media challenges: before a game you sometimes get a tweet from an opposing player e.g. "bet you will not get a double double". If you do get it, you receive 250 SP (and I guess VC) after the game, possibly double in key games.
- teams that I got successful trades to right after 5 games: Dallas, Heat, Golden State.

Some team feedback (= how is it to play for them as a PF/C):
- Washington sucks. Dallas sucks majorly (pity). Heat is great (of course). Portland is very good. Golden State is very good, even with Bogut and Curry injured.

My levelling recommendations:
- stamina
- shot in traffic
- standing layup and Close shot
- free throw
- layup
- defense (on ball, low post). Blocking is up to you, does not need improvement, unless you want to go for Eraser.
- post hook
- hands, rebounding (starting with def rebound)
- after this work your way outwards, post fade, midrange, maybe dunk and standing dunk

I recommend levelling everything to 80 (with the exception of very crucial stats: stamina, vertical, shot in traffic, standing layup/dunk, shot in traffic = all of these need to be maxed), in 2k13 it was very much enough to be unstoppable (on Superstar), champ, RotY, MVP etc. Also increasing a stat above 80 becomes extremely costly.

Legends training camps:
obvious. Just do not forget that they give stats, so e.g. Jordan camp caps your athletic PF for vertical. Stats do not go above cap.

Drills:
very different this year. Best one still dribble course, even for clumsy bigmen, almost guaranteed gold.

My channel with bigmen tips and gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/user/apriliand1975