View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #39
jaychitown312
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I don't want the game to fail, I would much rather it succeed. I think a lot of gamers are more into presentation, than gameplay. 2k is a wonderful basketball franchise, but they take sim way too far IMO. I don't want to play a simulated game, I want to play basketball sim. The comeback, rubber-band, streak system, or whatever they hell they call it in 2k is annoying to me. I play sports games for competition. If I'm better and have a superior basketball IQ than my opponent then I should prevail. If I'm playing in a match and I want to set a handicap for myself or opponent, that should be up to the players, not pre-coded in the game. I'm looking for the best experience, with the best gameplay first, and then visuals. Hell, if I want to watch basketball and have no influence whatsoever in the outcome of the game I can turn on TNT, or ESPN.

I have been reluctant to say anything about the 2K vs Live. This is what I would have said though. Deny it all you like but this is exactly what happens every game on 2k. I've only been playing 2k since 2k11 on ps3, I have played a couple on ps2. Nba Live has to do nothing more than be controllable because it's next gen and there is no doubt the game will look fine. Now some people are acting narrow minded about graphics. No two games look alike. Look at 2k baseball and mlb the show. They both had there own styles. What gets me the most is the denial about the game play on 2k. If live had a feature saying you can block shots all he11 would break lose. 2k had that as a feature. Nobody has played either game so until then people need to make there comments sound like they never played em. Ok I'm done ranting now people can feel free to go back to your ignorant comments now.