Home

NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 17
wow the in denial are really showing........ the case that nba live 14 would suck is out the window know fans are trying to convince themselves that the game is mediocre. Nobody is asking 2kfans to buy live.... just at less give it a try....from what these comment i'm reading... it sounds like everybody don't want to play live cuz not that they think it goin to be bad... but they're afraid it's goin to be gd.... and that just pathetic......
Old 11-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10
I'm looking forward to Live, but with that said, why can't the game look and feel great? It's just a game. Made by game developers, it's not a NBA team owned and operated by humans, with ticket costs and concessions way over priced. Why can't they say to themselves- this game isn't great, lets lower the price and build trust in our consumers for the future?

Logic is logic, and greed and capitalism us the way of our land live may have devs who care but if tgeir not given the means to go big, then it's an EA Sports issue in which they need to fail and be forgotten.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #35
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I wasn't planning on getting Live anyway.
No offense, but why are you here then? Just asking...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #36
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
wow the in denial are really showing........ the case that nba live 14 would suck is out the window know fans are trying to convince themselves that the game is mediocre. Nobody is asking 2kfans to buy live.... just at less give it a try....from what these comment i'm reading... it sounds like everybody don't want to play live cuz not that they think it goin to be bad... but they're afraid it's goin to be gd.... and that just pathetic......

I think folks need to just take a deep breath. I think the point of the OP is that as you read each preview, you are waiting for any of them to really start gushing over the game. But that never happens. All you get is the sense that it's no more than promising. Considering previews normally do this, you have to wonder. I don't think there some agenda here. Why is that always assumed when they don't fawn over something?

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 11-07-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
I'm looking forward to Live, but with that said, why can't the game look and feel great? It's just a game. Made by game developers, it's not a NBA team owned and operated by humans, with ticket costs and concessions way over priced. Why can't they say to themselves- this game isn't great, lets lower the price and build trust in our consumers for the future?

Logic is logic, and greed and capitalism us the way of our land live may have devs who care but if tgeir not given the means to go big, then it's an EA Sports issue in which they need to fail and be forgotten.
because development cost.....anyone with 2eyes and a brain can tell 2k dump alot of resources in the graphic's...i really think 2k ignored Core Gameplay. and is goin for a graphical sell because i believe 2k is satisfied with the gameplay so why change anything....EA is goin for a Core Gameplay/Real time NBA Connection Sell.. my point is In a Development Process something always get ignored rather it Graphic's,Gameplay or Playable Mode. it about what the community is asking for. But Asking 4 a full feature length game to be 10,20 bucks cheaper is a inappropriate request cuz a Development Cycle isn't cheap.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #38
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate

because the nba wont allow a reduced price game on disc.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I don't want the game to fail, I would much rather it succeed. I think a lot of gamers are more into presentation, than gameplay. 2k is a wonderful basketball franchise, but they take sim way too far IMO. I don't want to play a simulated game, I want to play basketball sim. The comeback, rubber-band, streak system, or whatever they hell they call it in 2k is annoying to me. I play sports games for competition. If I'm better and have a superior basketball IQ than my opponent then I should prevail. If I'm playing in a match and I want to set a handicap for myself or opponent, that should be up to the players, not pre-coded in the game. I'm looking for the best experience, with the best gameplay first, and then visuals. Hell, if I want to watch basketball and have no influence whatsoever in the outcome of the game I can turn on TNT, or ESPN.

I have been reluctant to say anything about the 2K vs Live. This is what I would have said though. Deny it all you like but this is exactly what happens every game on 2k. I've only been playing 2k since 2k11 on ps3, I have played a couple on ps2. Nba Live has to do nothing more than be controllable because it's next gen and there is no doubt the game will look fine. Now some people are acting narrow minded about graphics. No two games look alike. Look at 2k baseball and mlb the show. They both had there own styles. What gets me the most is the denial about the game play on 2k. If live had a feature saying you can block shots all he11 would break lose. 2k had that as a feature. Nobody has played either game so until then people need to make there comments sound like they never played em. Ok I'm done ranting now people can feel free to go back to your ignorant comments now.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

My primary concern is that the purpose of the cancellations was to provide ample time for Live 14 to close "a portion" of the gap between 2K and EA.

Live will only be a success if they can chip away each proceeding year.

From what we've seen of this year's offering and comparing the gap between 2K10 & Live 10, it appears that the gap may have actually grown. We can make better judgements with the demos; but these journalist impressions are not painting the picture I was hoping for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »