View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #1016
chargersfan21
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyt55
Recently finished year 1 of my 32-team CFM, the off-season took forever but I finally started season and last night finished playing week 1 of the 2nd year. It's pretty awesome. Year 1, Broncos and Seahawks both went 15-1 and ddominated through the playoffs, with Denver winning it all and Peyton winning the MVP/Super Bowl MVP. (I had finished year 1 before the Conference Championships in real life).

Notable off season notes :
JAX drafts Manziel.
TB drafts Clowney.
HOU drafts Bridgewater.
TEN drafts Carr.
NYG drafts Barr (Coughlin retires after going 3-13, new coach runs a 3-4 with Barr and JPP as edge rushers)
CHI drafts Mettenberger and he won the job (Jay Cutler moved on to OAK in part of OAK's huge spending frenzy)

There's A LOT more cool stuff that happened but it's too much for 1 post. I managed to play ALL 16 games of week 1 and hope to play as/vs every team at least 4x this season. I don't focus on any single team, rather I focus on every team and play as all teams. (more fun, less bias, stupid stuff doesn't piss me off, etc etc)

I've been thinking of starting a dynasty on here if you guys were interested (I have a save file right at Super Bowl's end, so I can go back for stats and recaps)
I'd certainly follow, it seems like you're into hyper, micro-managed 32 team control realistic like I am, haha. My 2014 offseason also took FOREVER, but the results have been fantastic. The Seahawks and Eagles (#2 scoring offense, #2 scoring defense) currently top the NFC at 10-2, my 10-2 Chargers (on a TON of close wins with tough sliders, this season has been ridiculous. I can't remember winning more than 12 games in a Madden season ever... we'll see) lead the AFC with the Broncos just a game behind and a MNF matchup in Denver coming up.

Rookie QBs starting:
Bortles - Texans
Bridgewater - Jaguars
Manziel - Browns
Garappolo - Raiders (traded back into the first round, beat out Pryor)
And Carr is a highly rated Viking, but is stuck behind FA signee Vick - who's had a heck of a 2015 season, leading Minnesota into the mix for the NFC North title - for the time being.

My two losses, in fact, came to Manziel on a last second scramble-and-TD pass and to #1 pick Bortles on Thursday Night Football in Houston. I have 5 years of PS3 classes posted in the rosters subforum, with (hopefully) all correct players declaring for this upcoming class.

I can't stress enough - 32 team control takes a TON of time, but it's absolutely worth it, if nothing else than for depth chart control. But mapping out free agency and giving teams players based on needs (Nicks went to the Colts, Ragi to the Titans to fit their new 3-4, Ben Tate to Cleveland since he's been linked there), then doing the same with the draft not only makes it more realistic, but gives you a great sense of/connection to the wider league.

2014 NFL Draft, Round 1
Spoiler

Last edited by chargersfan21; 02-14-2014 at 06:04 PM.