Home

Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

This is a discussion on Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #1009
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

Season 1 Preseason Week 4

Redskins(2-1-0) vs. Buccaneers(2-1-0)

1st quarter: Tucker would start us off with a 44 yd fg.

2nd quarter: Barth would give the Bucs a 40 yd fg. Tucker would tack on a 47 yd fg.

3rd quarter: No scoring

4th quarter: Keenum would connect with Ace Sanders for a 4 yd td. Brandon Jacobs would finish the game off with a 10 yd td.

We win this final preseason game 18-3, finishing off with a 3-1 record.

Okafor and Gray have both solidified starting spots.

Game Stats:
Datone Jones 3 tackles 2 sacks
Keenan Robinson 1 tackle 1 sack
Justin Tucker 2-2 fgs
Old 02-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #1010
Rookie

Sorry for the 5 consecutive posts I just wanted to get through preseason.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #1011
Rookie

brandon54's Arena

Almost at the end of my first season running all 32 teams. First time trying it and I'm really enjoying it. I'm controlling Robert Kraft with the Pats, but all other teams I'm their head coach. Turned firing off so I don't have to worry with whatever mess that would be. I do enjoy the contract negotiations and off-season stuff so now I just get more of that. Keeping it realistic with the re-signings and free agent signings when needed. Pretty competitive so far. Excited for off-season free agency and draft.. Go Pats!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #1012
Rookie

Season 1 Week 1

Eagles(0-0-0) vs. Redskins(0-0-0)

Beginning notes: This is my first real game as an owner, let's see how it goes.

1st quarter: The Eagles would start the 2013 season off with a 52 yd fg by Succop.

2nd quarter: Our first points came off this 42 yd fg by Tucker.

3rd quarter: Succop would tack on another 52 yd fg. Manuel would find Moss on a corner route and he takes it 86 yds for the td. Tucker would add a 52 yd fg to our lead.

4th quarter: Succop would get another fg, this one was a 24 yd fg. Rahim Moore would pick off Manuel and return it for a 46 yd td.

So we drop the season opener and lose 16-13. I had a chance at the end to tie but Manuel threw a pick.

Half of my defense played good, the other half not so well. My NLOB didn't have any picks but held Andrew Luck to only 65 passing yds. My front seven, didn't do so well. They gave up a total of 123 rushing yds, 78 to Luck and 45 to Maurice Jones-Drew. EJ Manuel also played horrible.

Game Stats:
EJ Manuel 20-33 275 passing yds 1 td 5 ints 11 rushing yds
Randy Moss 4 rec 137 receiving yds 1 td
Earl Thomas 4 tackles
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 4 tackles 2 passes defended
Justin Tucker 2-3 fgs
Old 02-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #1013
Rookie

mannyt55's Arena

OVR: 2

Recently finished year 1 of my 32-team CFM, the off-season took forever but I finally started season and last night finished playing week 1 of the 2nd year. It's pretty awesome. Year 1, Broncos and Seahawks both went 15-1 and ddominated through the playoffs, with Denver winning it all and Peyton winning the MVP/Super Bowl MVP. (I had finished year 1 before the Conference Championships in real life).

Notable off season notes :
JAX drafts Manziel.
TB drafts Clowney.
HOU drafts Bridgewater.
TEN drafts Carr.
NYG drafts Barr (Coughlin retires after going 3-13, new coach runs a 3-4 with Barr and JPP as edge rushers)
CHI drafts Mettenberger and he won the job (Jay Cutler moved on to OAK in part of OAK's huge spending frenzy)

There's A LOT more cool stuff that happened but it's too much for 1 post. I managed to play ALL 16 games of week 1 and hope to play as/vs every team at least 4x this season. I don't focus on any single team, rather I focus on every team and play as all teams. (more fun, less bias, stupid stuff doesn't piss me off, etc etc)

I've been thinking of starting a dynasty on here if you guys were interested (I have a save file right at Super Bowl's end, so I can go back for stats and recaps)
Old 02-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #1014
Rookie

Season 1 Week 2

Redskins(0-1-0) vs. Packers(1-0-0)

Beginning notes: Due to his lackluster performance, Manuel has been replaced by Keenum.

1st quarter: Dion Jordan would sack Brady causing him to fumble and Bennie Logan is right there to pick it up. The next play Keenum would connect with Jordan Reed for a 3 yd td. Keenum would throw back to back pick sixs, one by Antonio Cromartie for a 27 yd td and the other by Aaron Ross for a 30 yd td.

2nd quarter: Prater would add a 26 yd fg to their score.

3rd quarter: Brady would connect with Dexter McCluster for a 66 yd td.

4th quarter: No scoring.

So we lose this one 7-24 against Brady and crew, that makes us 0-2 and it's not looking so good.

Our offense played horrible, I used all three QBs and they threw a total of 8 ints. My run game didn't fare to well either as we only had 38 yds their. The only bright side was our NLOB as they had 2 ints 1 FF 1 FR. We may need to look into trading for a QB.

Game Stats:
Kam Chancellor 6 tackles 1 FF
Elvis Dumervil 6 tackles
Dion Jordan 2 tackles 2 sacks 1 FF
Richard Sherman 1 int 1 FR
D. Rodgers-Cromartie 1 tackle 1 int
Bennie Logan 2 tackles 1 FR
Alex Okafor 1 tackle 1 sack
Old 02-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #1015
Rookie

Season 1 Week 3

Lions(2-0-0) vs. Redskins(0-2-0)

Beginning notes: Before the game I traded Keenum and next years first round pick for Matt Ryan.

1st quarter: Chris Harris Jr. picks off Ryan and he returns it 38 yds for a td. Ryan would connect with Niles Paul for a 3 yd td. Matt Bryant would tack on a 48 yd td.

2nd quarter: Matt Bryant got three fgs, one a 40 yd fg another a 50 yd fg and the other a 34 yd fg. Bray would connect with Daryl Richardson who gets a 30 yd td.

3rd quarter: No scoring.

4th quarter: No scoring.

We lose our 3rd straight making us 0-3, the score was 26-7.

My defense played great despite giving up 26 points, but that was only because whenever the ball was turned over they were in fg range. They also only held Bray to 87 passing yds. QBs played terrible as always as we threw 6 picks. I think I will sign Jordan Rodgers as my new QB.

Game Stats:
Dion Jordan 1 tackle 1 sack 1 FF
Ezekiel Ansah 1 tackle 1 sack
Bennie Logan 2 tackles 1 sack
Champ Bailey 3 tackles 1 FF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #1016
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyt55
Recently finished year 1 of my 32-team CFM, the off-season took forever but I finally started season and last night finished playing week 1 of the 2nd year. It's pretty awesome. Year 1, Broncos and Seahawks both went 15-1 and ddominated through the playoffs, with Denver winning it all and Peyton winning the MVP/Super Bowl MVP. (I had finished year 1 before the Conference Championships in real life).

Notable off season notes :
JAX drafts Manziel.
TB drafts Clowney.
HOU drafts Bridgewater.
TEN drafts Carr.
NYG drafts Barr (Coughlin retires after going 3-13, new coach runs a 3-4 with Barr and JPP as edge rushers)
CHI drafts Mettenberger and he won the job (Jay Cutler moved on to OAK in part of OAK's huge spending frenzy)

There's A LOT more cool stuff that happened but it's too much for 1 post. I managed to play ALL 16 games of week 1 and hope to play as/vs every team at least 4x this season. I don't focus on any single team, rather I focus on every team and play as all teams. (more fun, less bias, stupid stuff doesn't piss me off, etc etc)

I've been thinking of starting a dynasty on here if you guys were interested (I have a save file right at Super Bowl's end, so I can go back for stats and recaps)
I'd certainly follow, it seems like you're into hyper, micro-managed 32 team control realistic like I am, haha. My 2014 offseason also took FOREVER, but the results have been fantastic. The Seahawks and Eagles (#2 scoring offense, #2 scoring defense) currently top the NFC at 10-2, my 10-2 Chargers (on a TON of close wins with tough sliders, this season has been ridiculous. I can't remember winning more than 12 games in a Madden season ever... we'll see) lead the AFC with the Broncos just a game behind and a MNF matchup in Denver coming up.

Rookie QBs starting:
Bortles - Texans
Bridgewater - Jaguars
Manziel - Browns
Garappolo - Raiders (traded back into the first round, beat out Pryor)
And Carr is a highly rated Viking, but is stuck behind FA signee Vick - who's had a heck of a 2015 season, leading Minnesota into the mix for the NFC North title - for the time being.

My two losses, in fact, came to Manziel on a last second scramble-and-TD pass and to #1 pick Bortles on Thursday Night Football in Houston. I have 5 years of PS3 classes posted in the rosters subforum, with (hopefully) all correct players declaring for this upcoming class.

I can't stress enough - 32 team control takes a TON of time, but it's absolutely worth it, if nothing else than for depth chart control. But mapping out free agency and giving teams players based on needs (Nicks went to the Colts, Ragi to the Titans to fit their new 3-4, Ben Tate to Cleveland since he's been linked there), then doing the same with the draft not only makes it more realistic, but gives you a great sense of/connection to the wider league.

2014 NFL Draft, Round 1
Spoiler

Last edited by chargersfan21; 02-14-2014 at 06:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »