View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #185
sroz39
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
My feelings on this are that the screens ARE underwhelming...but all of next gen has been. Even Killzone which was built specifically for next gen doesn't look leaps a d bounds better than games like GTA5, Last of Us, Uncharted 3 etc. The move to these next gen systems has been the smallest leap, IMO, as far as wow factor goes when compared to previous transitions.

With all that said, and keeping in my mind my new expectations for games this gen, these screens look absolutely stunning. People keep bringing up NBA 2K14. Obviously, the player models look great. But the arenas are awful. In these screens, the stadiums, crowd, lighting all look spectacular. The player models could obviously use a little work in some aspects like the floating sleeves and the boxyish look to their shoulders...but as far as first efforts go, the overall package wows me far more than games like NBA, Killzone and all the other games considered to be the best looking next gen games.

Well done SCEA. As always, first class effort. If you guys have any doubts as to where this series is headed visually, go back and look at screens of The Show 07 on PS3...and where the last gen Show ended up. Future is looking bright indeed. May 6th can't come soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove