Home

MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #185
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
My feelings on this are that the screens ARE underwhelming...but all of next gen has been. Even Killzone which was built specifically for next gen doesn't look leaps a d bounds better than games like GTA5, Last of Us, Uncharted 3 etc. The move to these next gen systems has been the smallest leap, IMO, as far as wow factor goes when compared to previous transitions.

With all that said, and keeping in my mind my new expectations for games this gen, these screens look absolutely stunning. People keep bringing up NBA 2K14. Obviously, the player models look great. But the arenas are awful. In these screens, the stadiums, crowd, lighting all look spectacular. The player models could obviously use a little work in some aspects like the floating sleeves and the boxyish look to their shoulders...but as far as first efforts go, the overall package wows me far more than games like NBA, Killzone and all the other games considered to be the best looking next gen games.

Well done SCEA. As always, first class effort. If you guys have any doubts as to where this series is headed visually, go back and look at screens of The Show 07 on PS3...and where the last gen Show ended up. Future is looking bright indeed. May 6th can't come soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #186
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Thank you for elaborating, I can live wth that. Wasn't aware that it's been addressed, and I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the game because I'm definitely not. The Show has been my favorite game for 6 years now. Every year a wish list or a list of complaints comes out, and it's the main reason why the game is as good as it is. We're finally getting bat boys because people complained about it for like 5 years lol. Constructive criticism is a good thing and makes games better, just my 0.02
Ok, how's this. I'll elaborate further. With the exception I made earlier in this thread where I criticize the dirt and request new darker looking bumpier looking dirt. I haven't really made ANY criticism or complaint about this game. I'm not saying I praise the game and it can do no wrong, but the game really doesn't do a whole lot wrong to begin with. It's the people who are on here ALWAYS complaining about something or another sen if it's already been addressed that annoy me. (And as you said you didn't know the sleeve thing was addressed, it's all good man). But honestly, think about it... when you're playing in game, your not gonna notice the sleeves unless you go to replay and purposefully examine them. And at that point, you're just being anal. I know when I'm playing, the game plays so good and shows how real it's gotten, IRDC how the sleeves look; I'm focusing on if I need to cut 3 or cut 4. HAHA. (And one last thought here, the devs said it's not changing; until they rework the jersey templates, {and rework how jerseys react period}, something I think they'll do for next year, IT WONT BE IN THERE). So for MLB 14, let the sleeves go... how's that?

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 03-19-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #187
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
If you're gonna bitch about these screenshots just stop playing video games. I can only imagine when this thing is in motion on my big screen with dolby digital surround sound. I probably won't play anything else until September.
Now that's what I'm talking about!! My 50 inch tv and surround sound is ready!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #188
MVP

OVR: 0

What's the issue with sleeves?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #189
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
What's the issue with sleeves?
I guess people think they dont hang right and react correctly to the play on the field.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #190
Banned

illmatic04's Arena

meh, nothing about these screenshots that "blew" me away or anything .. it looks good but nothing special
Old 03-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #191
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

Holy mother of digital baseball heaven!
That looks amazing. You know what they say, a picture says more than a 1000 words but in this case I think a video will say even more than a 1000 screenshots

I love how SCEA always improves on things that we don't necessarily have high on our list like the crowds for example. I never really cared that much about it but now that I see these screens I know it will make the whole experience that much more exciting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #192
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Holy mother of digital baseball heaven!
That looks amazing. You know what they say, a picture says more than a 1000 words but in this case I think a video will say even more than a 1000 screenshots

I love how SCEA always improves on things that we don't necessarily have high on our list like the crowds for example. I never really cared that much about it but now that I see these screens I know it will make the whole experience that much more exciting!
Hmmmm, I wonder if there is any videos "in the oven"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »