View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #142
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
funny / sad this thread turned into what i expected rather quickly, just bash EA, cause its all you know how to do. nice job guys. Ive played madden for a very very long time, and yes i was frustrated with EA for a long while too, but i didnt let that blind me from them going in a better direction ,starting with m13. Is it perfect? no , and NO game is so get over it . What im interested in this announcement most is this " get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre snap on every play." ive wanted a on the field view for madden for a long time. I loved the madden 10 co -op online camera angle. The quote above makes me think there will be a more " on the field" type of camera view . Which i hope is true and hope to see soon. I know they also mentioned the Lock on defender camera ( which im pretty sure they got from NCAA ) the only issue i have with that is , at least on ncaa it locked u onto playing as one defender that entire play, like you couldnt switch. im not a big fan of that, i want to see the ability to switch defenders but still have the on the field feel. anyway, just wondering about other ( open minded peoples) thoughts on this particular statement EA released.....
I think it is a bit close minded on your part to associate not liking Madden or voicing criticism about certain aspects of Madden as being closed minded.

Having said that, I don't play NCAA and have never seen the Player lock camera, but I am a fan of it in theory. I would rather it be an integral part of the gaming experience in Madden, a la Backbreaker, as opposed to an optional camera angle though.

A lot of unrealistic aspects with regards to gameplay can be attributed to how much more of our surroundings we can see due to the overhead cam and I think the game would instantly become more sim with a more confined 3rd person view with a user controllable camera via the Right Stick. Since there is absolutely no way that this is what they have done in Madden 15, and probably never will do, I would play with the new camera (provided I even get the game), but I can't help but think of it as a missed opp.

Last edited by Only1LT; 06-06-2014 at 01:45 PM.