Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #137
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You can care about it but when are you going to realize one isn't coming from EA. It's been a decade since ea released a football game that was even close to a simulation. They seem satisfied with the sales. Why would they make drastic changes to the game when they don't have to want too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yeah it's just lip service from the devs. We all know what Madden is, and is going to be, or at least we should by now.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #138
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
They are listening, and based on retail sales of the software and DLC purchase sales from Ultimate Team those who buy Madden NFL greatly enjoy the product EA Tiburon produces.
If they were listening why have the animations been ugly since Madden 06? Why have penalties been broken since 06? Why are sliders a mystery people have to solve to get it to kind of work? Why is the AI still dumb as rocks? Why do they add features and never touch them again? Are you sure they are listening?
Old 06-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #139
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
You can care about it but when are you going to realize one isn't coming from EA. It's been a decade since ea released a football game that was even close to a simulation. They seem satisfied with the sales. Why would they make drastic changes to the game when they don't have to want too?

Well depending on what happens at E3 they might really have to start listening. Competition benefits everybody. As evidence by Madden 2005 and NFL 2k5. Both great games.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #140
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
If they were listening why have the animations been ugly since Madden 06? Why have penalties been broken since 06? Why are sliders a mystery people have to solve to get it to kind of work? Why is the AI still dumb as rocks? Why do they add features and never touch them again? Are you sure they are listening?
They're listening to the people who are writing their checks. If what the suits and what the fans want happen to coincide, then they're listening, lol. Other than that it is what it is. That stuff is just not a priority for them. The game sells and functions without all that stuff. Until they get around to it, or they need to change it, it's going to stay that way.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #141
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Exactly. The devs know that can do the least possible, hype it up, and still have excellent sales annually. It's lazy, but it's smart of them for cashing in on most of us buying Madden no matter how much we complain and ask for certain features. That little suggestions page they have, I'd bet no one looks at it. Smart company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #142
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
funny / sad this thread turned into what i expected rather quickly, just bash EA, cause its all you know how to do. nice job guys. Ive played madden for a very very long time, and yes i was frustrated with EA for a long while too, but i didnt let that blind me from them going in a better direction ,starting with m13. Is it perfect? no , and NO game is so get over it . What im interested in this announcement most is this " get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre snap on every play." ive wanted a on the field view for madden for a long time. I loved the madden 10 co -op online camera angle. The quote above makes me think there will be a more " on the field" type of camera view . Which i hope is true and hope to see soon. I know they also mentioned the Lock on defender camera ( which im pretty sure they got from NCAA ) the only issue i have with that is , at least on ncaa it locked u onto playing as one defender that entire play, like you couldnt switch. im not a big fan of that, i want to see the ability to switch defenders but still have the on the field feel. anyway, just wondering about other ( open minded peoples) thoughts on this particular statement EA released.....
I think it is a bit close minded on your part to associate not liking Madden or voicing criticism about certain aspects of Madden as being closed minded.

Having said that, I don't play NCAA and have never seen the Player lock camera, but I am a fan of it in theory. I would rather it be an integral part of the gaming experience in Madden, a la Backbreaker, as opposed to an optional camera angle though.

A lot of unrealistic aspects with regards to gameplay can be attributed to how much more of our surroundings we can see due to the overhead cam and I think the game would instantly become more sim with a more confined 3rd person view with a user controllable camera via the Right Stick. Since there is absolutely no way that this is what they have done in Madden 15, and probably never will do, I would play with the new camera (provided I even get the game), but I can't help but think of it as a missed opp.

Last edited by Only1LT; 06-06-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #143
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Disappointed to see there might not be head tracking added to the ball carriers. Lynch seemed to be looking straight ahead. Another thing that keeps the running from looking realistic.

Also found it funny in the trailer that the ball is hiked from shotgun, yet when the play starts Wilson is under center, lol. Cmon marketing!

I'm not worried about the graphics. I know the game will be beautiful. I just wish they could get all the equipment NFL accurate. It'd take the look so much further.

I've given up on animations. Honestly FIFA and NHL are the only games that animate pretty good.

Madden is what it is. I enjoyed Madden 25 on PS4 enough to be interested in Madden 15 on PS4. I just hope it's worth my time.
totally different plays. They are lining up in pistol then snap from single back, then #82 randomly comes out of no where. It's confusing to follow, unless you are solely looking at the video for the sake of graphics.

I agree there is still enjoyment that can be found in playing Madden next gen.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #144

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
What don't you get? Just because they aren't addressing your concerns doesn't mean they aren't addressing the things other people ask for.

Fact of the matter actual gameplay is last on the list to a majority of kids anymore, it is what it is.

They are listening, just not to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »