View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #42
OnlookerDelay
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam Early Access For $19.99

I'm a beta tester for Perfect Golf, and I can easily say that Unity 5 is an upgrade over the Unity 4 version of the game. It does push your PC harder to deliver graphics details at distances far enough to avoid the claymation look that can plague the trees at low detail levels. My system is fortunately up to the task, although it does occasionally result in a drop to the low 30's in frame rate, whereas I'd never see anything below 45 FPS in the Unity 4 build.

The current control interfaces (3-click and delayed motion (mouse) swing) still do little to compel me to play the game with any real fervor though. I do like the fact that the putting meter has been made full scale, with no "tick" on the meter to indicate your targeted distance.

Perfect Golf is moving in the right direction and I think eventually it will get there. I like the camera options and configurability, although they still need polishing. The groundwork is there for a system that I think will be very popular. The player animation still has a long way to go before I think it will work properly with a real time swing interface. I'm reading that this work is still in progress. Real time thumstick controller interface will be a game changer for me the day it becomes a viable reality in Perfect Golf!