Home

Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam Early Access For $19.99

This is a discussion on Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam Early Access For $19.99 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #41
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam Early Access For $19.99

We have upgraded to Unity 5, and are very happy with the improvements so far - It was a long process, but well worth it.
Original Video - More videos at
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #42
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm a beta tester for Perfect Golf, and I can easily say that Unity 5 is an upgrade over the Unity 4 version of the game. It does push your PC harder to deliver graphics details at distances far enough to avoid the claymation look that can plague the trees at low detail levels. My system is fortunately up to the task, although it does occasionally result in a drop to the low 30's in frame rate, whereas I'd never see anything below 45 FPS in the Unity 4 build.

The current control interfaces (3-click and delayed motion (mouse) swing) still do little to compel me to play the game with any real fervor though. I do like the fact that the putting meter has been made full scale, with no "tick" on the meter to indicate your targeted distance.

Perfect Golf is moving in the right direction and I think eventually it will get there. I like the camera options and configurability, although they still need polishing. The groundwork is there for a system that I think will be very popular. The player animation still has a long way to go before I think it will work properly with a real time swing interface. I'm reading that this work is still in progress. Real time thumstick controller interface will be a game changer for me the day it becomes a viable reality in Perfect Golf!
Old 07-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

There have been 2 new courses introduced for PerfectGolf over the last month, Black Swan (excellent links style user created course) and Hidden Canyon (superb desert course that the developers just released yesterday). This brings the current number of courses up to 9. Another course should be available soon. Perfect Parallel mentioned that it is a real course but haven't said which one as of yet.

There will be no extra charge for new developer created courses (and I imagine for for the user created ones as well) from here on out (all included in the current $19.99 game price). This along with user creations will result in an an ever growing course library in the months and years after the "retail" release.

In addition to these new courses, the guys look to be adding volumetric grass (with Nvidia's Turf Effects) which will improve the visuals a great deal (along with Speed Tree which they introduced last month). I hope they add controller support, the real time swing and new avatars soon.

By the way, here's a replay I captured from my round yesterday at Hidden Canyon (kinda close to an ace but no cigar ).

Last edited by yesrushdt; 07-08-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrushdt

In addition to these new courses, the guys look to be adding volumetric grass (with Nvidia's Turf Effects) which will improve the visuals a great deal (along with Speed Tree which they introduced last month). I hope they add controller support, the real time swing and new avatars soon.
I hope they don't go too far with anything specific to nVidia, especially if they plan to bring this game to consoles anytime soon as both PS4 and Xbox One are AMD/ATI GPU's. . I am waiting for a console release and I realize this will be a year or two at the earliest is my guess. Nice looking courses and hope the game continues to evolve.....looking good and getting better!

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here's a link to a Hidden Canyon 5 Hole Gameplay Video Perfect Parallel posted on their Facebook page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #46
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm in love with the motion swing as it is going to take alot of practice to have a good consistent swing. At times I hit it well and other times I am all over the place. Who am I kidding, most of the time I am all over the place. Just feels realistic and makes me want to get better.

If the course creator goes public and they can get in any sort of realistic career mode, this will easily be my number one sports game. Amazing what they have done so far and it should only get better moving forward.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agreed, love the motion swing. I actually have to go the range to hit some balls before a round to get my swing down, that's a true testament to this game - best $20 I've spent in a long time.

Imagine if they had the budget that EA has!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #48
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloz
Agreed, love the motion swing. I actually have to go the range to hit some balls before a round to get my swing down, that's a true testament to this game - best $20 I've spent in a long time.
Oh how I wish I could buy into the motion swing, but for whatever reason, my senses just can't come to grips with performing this analog action, yet not see the result until it's completed. The actions seem too disconnected from each other. I've tried and tried to get over that hurdle, but it gets no easier. I'm confident that I'll be all over this game once Perfect Golf gets real time thumbstick controller motion control into the mix. I know it's coming but I sense that it will be Fall to Winter before we see it. I'll be patiently waiting for that day to come though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »