Old 06-20-2015, 08:16 AM   #61
howboutdat
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This assuming all 7 teams scout the same players, personally I look for a certain size at MLB (more for creating realism than anything else). We also have to wonder if schemes will have any affect on scouting. If they do my top 3 and your top 3 could be completely different based on our schemes. Also remember this year drafting is done weekly or you lose points. 7 teams could decide they need a MLB at the beginning of the year and scout the top 3 guys and then in free agency 5 of them fill the need. Now those teams spent a lot of points on a position they probably won't draft and you can now try to draft that MLB stud later on. If they tune the points correctly this new system could work out better than anyone is imagining. It could be a risk/reward system that everyone wants, where you need to spend your points wisely and plan your team strategy out from day 1 or you will suffer.
While i get what your saying here. I still can't see it working out like this that well. Yes , because you have to scout thruout the year, maybe that would happen with what you mentioned about FA. However, i still see it working about like i said. Why? Because in madden 15 , we had enough points(less than we may get in madden 16) , you could scout at least a few attributes on almost all the players and about half in depth , for numerous positions you felt you had need at. So if I needed a CB,WR,MLB,DT,and HB as my main needs, i could scout most all of them at least 2 -3 attributes deep ,and about half of them more like 5 -7 attributes deep. So if people are needing a position , they arent just going to scout 4 or 5 of them. They will look over most of them. That just how most guys do it .

Now about the FA thing. First season or two in a league, what your saying may happen. However, one thing i know about guys in leagues, when they see something they do ,that causes them to get burned, they will adjust . If they start out scouting MLBs and end up getting one in FA, then realize they dont have enough points after FA to really scout much at another position then end up with a few busted picks due to that, Next season around, they will adjust. They will either not pick up FA in Bidding time for positions they scouted for a real need(why? because we all know rookies are cheaper than high overall older players in bidding), or they will pick up a player from FA if he is that good and they will still draft someone at that position that they liked from scouting. Reason ? Because most positions you can use more than one of . MLB, put the rookie in at ROLB,LOLB,DE. CBs ,WRs,HBs,O and D line, who cant use more good ones of these? Guys would still do this ,because they realize they cant go in and scout in depth other things after FA bidding, and plan to use one of the guys they get as a trade chip if they dont use them during season. Either way, after a few seasons at best, they will figure out how to work this system and you will not find as many guys falling into later rounds like we did in 15.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 06-20-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove