Home

Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #57
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'm not going to say it's easier before using the new method...but it sounds easier.

To give EA some credit they did input a sim a win feature which will greatly help online leagues. *If it works correctly
Go ahead and try to get yourself prepaired to be sure to turn off injuries every single time you "sim a win" and turn them back on after you do .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
I frequently have to force advance the game when someone has forgotten to hit advance. This is fine if I'm on the console or if I haven't clicked advance myself yet as I can do it through the website... HOWEVER if I've set myself to advance then I lose the ability to force advance through the website GRRRR!
yes i had this issue once as well, but i learned not to set myself on ready to advance ,Also DL makes it so simple, i never have this happen anymore.My point was though, If that can be done from website to make game advance a full week, surely there is a way to make it so people could be set to auto from website or an app. The guy from DL could do it, if they would just open the door and talk to him.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-20-2015, 03:16 AM   #58
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
As a long time online CFM/Franchise player/Commish . Dont feel bad, because honestly , i dont believe this statement he made to be true. No i havent played it yet, but one thing i do know about , is math. Which tells me, in maddSo say you had 7 teams needing a MLB. Other than speed or accel, each one may look at a few different attributes, but not all the same. Now in 16, they will all 7 see the EXACT same attributes and nothing else. en 15 people had about 20 or more attributes they could scout ,based on their preferences they wanted to see in a rookie.This will lessen the chances of good players falling thru the cracks. Its simple math. I can not see anyway this is going to make drafts better for online leagues at all. In 15 there was alot of chances of good players falling to 5th rounds , i cant see it in 16 at all.So to say doing it this way will make it harder in online leagues, is kinda a joke to me .
This assuming all 7 teams scout the same players, personally I look for a certain size at MLB (more for creating realism than anything else). We also have to wonder if schemes will have any affect on scouting. If they do my top 3 and your top 3 could be completely different based on our schemes. Also remember this year drafting is done weekly or you lose points. 7 teams could decide they need a MLB at the beginning of the year and scout the top 3 guys and then in free agency 5 of them fill the need. Now those teams spent a lot of points on a position they probably won't draft and you can now try to draft that MLB stud later on. If they tune the points correctly this new system could work out better than anyone is imagining. It could be a risk/reward system that everyone wants, where you need to spend your points wisely and plan your team strategy out from day 1 or you will suffer.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:20 AM   #59
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This assuming all 7 teams scout the same players, personally I look for a certain size at MLB (more for creating realism than anything else). We also have to wonder if schemes will have any affect on scouting. If they do my top 3 and your top 3 could be completely different based on our schemes. Also remember this year drafting is done weekly or you lose points. 7 teams could decide they need a MLB at the beginning of the year and scout the top 3 guys and then in free agency 5 of them fill the need. Now those teams spent a lot of points on a position they probably won't draft and you can now try to draft that MLB stud later on. If they tune the points correctly this new system could work out better than anyone is imagining. It could be a risk/reward system that everyone wants, where you need to spend your points wisely and plan your team strategy out from day 1 or you will suffer.
That's the idea behind it, I've talked to the people who made it pretty extensively and the risk/reward system is what they intended for it to represent.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:16 AM   #60
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's the idea behind it, I've talked to the people who made it pretty extensively and the risk/reward system is what they intended for it to represent.
It all comes down to how well they tune it and if schemes affect scouting attributes unlocked. If they make it so you can scout 85% of the draft class or whatever was reported then it will all be a moot point but if the tune it so you only have enough points to scout 50% of the draft class then this new scouting system will be a lot more complex then people think.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:16 AM   #61
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
While i get what your saying here. I still can't see it working out like this that well. Yes , because you have to scout thruout the year, maybe that would happen with what you mentioned about FA. However, i still see it working about like i said. Why? Because in madden 15 , we had enough points(less than we may get in madden 16) , you could scout at least a few attributes on almost all the players and about half in depth , for numerous positions you felt you had need at. So if I needed a CB,WR,MLB,DT,and HB as my main needs, i could scout most all of them at least 2 -3 attributes deep ,and about half of them more like 5 -7 attributes deep. So if people are needing a position , they arent just going to scout 4 or 5 of them. They will look over most of them. That just how most guys do it .

Now about the FA thing. First season or two in a league, what your saying may happen. However, one thing i know about guys in leagues, when they see something they do ,that causes them to get burned, they will adjust . If they start out scouting MLBs and end up getting one in FA, then realize they dont have enough points after FA to really scout much at another position then end up with a few busted picks due to that, Next season around, they will adjust. They will either not pick up FA in Bidding time for positions they scouted for a real need(why? because we all know rookies are cheaper than high overall older players in bidding), or they will pick up a player from FA if he is that good and they will still draft someone at that position that they liked from scouting. Reason ? Because most positions you can use more than one of . MLB, put the rookie in at ROLB,LOLB,DE. CBs ,WRs,HBs,O and D line, who cant use more good ones of these? Guys would still do this ,because they realize they cant go in and scout in depth other things after FA bidding, and plan to use one of the guys they get as a trade chip if they dont use them during season. Either way, after a few seasons at best, they will figure out how to work this system and you will not find as many guys falling into later rounds like we did in 15.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 06-20-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #62
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
It all comes down to how well they tune it and if schemes affect scouting attributes unlocked. If they make it so you can scout 85% of the draft class or whatever was reported then it will all be a moot point but if the tune it so you only have enough points to scout 50% of the draft class then this new scouting system will be a lot more complex then people think.
Didn't Kolbe say they lowered the amount of scouting points recently. The thing I love is that you lose points for not scouting. Also scouting doesn't start til week 3, so that makes it harder too.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:39 AM   #63
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Didn't Kolbe say they lowered the amount of scouting points recently. The thing I love is that you lose points for not scouting. Also scouting doesn't start til week 3, so that makes it harder too.
i dont believe he said they already have, but said they still have time to tune that.So i believe it will get lowered some, but we will have to see how much . Still would like the ability to scout what i personally like in my players, not what im force feed to look at and nothing else. Everyone likes different styles of players. Kind of the point of building your own team really. Just taking away our control of what we can and cant scout , not a good look to me personally.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-20-2015, 08:55 AM   #64
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
i dont believe he said they already have, but said they still have time to tune that.So i believe it will get lowered some, but we will have to see how much . Still would like the ability to scout what i personally like in my players, not what im force feed to look at and nothing else. Everyone likes different styles of players. Kind of the point of building your own team really. Just taking away our control of what we can and cant scout , not a good look to me personally.
Yeah I'd like to be able to choose which 3 attributes I get to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »