Home

Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #25
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's also something that wasn't in the game and they put it in because of you guys and our feedback. It may not be what you want, but it's something they specifically worked on trying to get in to show they are making a real effort for the hardcore CFM fans. Like a previous poster said it's more symbolic than anything and a trend to keep your eye on for the future of CFM.
No where did i say , they arent listening. Lets be clear here. I said ,its good to see them going in right direction, however, They really need to stop calling it a draft board, because its not .That is the type of thing that gets them in trouble really, just kinda surprised they dont get that yet.Call it what it is , be honest ( seems right now that should be apparent how important being up front,clear with info is to this community) and it will be accepted alot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I'd be vary careful if I were EA letting people call this a draft board. It's not in the sense of the CFM community is looking for. Which I would say the majority fall into some sort of "hard-core" category.

Its a ranking board or a wishlist board.
Glad to see i wasnt the only one thinking this. Its just as bad as click bait really. Cause basically thats what it actually is. From what i understand, you cant even rank them, you just seperate them to "Watch" from the others you have scouted.

Quote:
Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not important. Common mistake people make in their line of thinking about games.
I believe what he was saying is, its not really that important to online CFM users ( as that is what the person before he was talking about) because really its not at all what we want . As was stated we have lives, not everyone can make drafts,about the only reason you find online CFM guys wanting a real draft board is so they can make a list, that the cpu would start at top and go down in order until it finds an available player when your pick comes up and makes it for you. Thats it. Most of the online CFM guys already have their own ways to list who they want to keep an eye on more than others.Pen and paper, excel ( i had a great one for madden 15 ) etc. So to most online CFM users, what he said was correct, its not important as is.

Yes its a step (baby one) in the right direction, no doubt, no one is questioning that. This goes back that what i was originally saying, dont call this a draft board in madden 16, its not. Hopefully down the road it will become one(should be in 17) .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
I haven't played Madden in years. I'm curious if they let you edit your players names and appearance since there is no NCAA draft class to download anymore.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #27
Pro

Draft board is nice but what u want are rookies that are rated so high should not be getting players 86 ovr or even 80 ovr in the last rounds I could even deal with that if I had the ability to just make my own draft classes
Old 06-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #28
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Somewhere in the near future (M17 and no later than that)
this needs to be fully fleshed out.

Complete user control of the entire draft board - total flexibility to completely re-rank every single prospect. User control over team "needs" - very frustrating to have a 2nd year MLB who is quick development, 82 OVR, a huge contributor to your team success that you have no intention of replacing and the stupid CPU lists MLB as your #1 need.

User draft plan, where you can rank positional needs, numbers of players at positions you want to draft, attribute minimums you are looking to reach - say Safety with 80+ hit power, or WR sub 4.44 speed, or LG with 80+ impact blk.

Complete control...for CPU management if you have to miss the draft, or even just if you want to sim a draft in solo 'chise or have a complex multi-user 'chise where you wish to sim the draft to "emulate" being only coaches who get their input but the CPU "GM" actually handles the draft...
Old 06-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #29
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Trust me it's important this year because with the new scouting you would have to cycle through tons of prospects, any time you've unlocked one attribute for a prospect, this way only the guys you put on your watch list will be listed come draft time.
Quote:
Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not important. Common mistake people make in their line of thinking about games.
Please don't fall back into old habits. His initial response was that it did nothing for him (speaking for himself). You jumped in stating its overall importance. Its fine that you have time with the feature and like it, but again. You've never been an online CFM guy and this is what he is speaking from the position of hardcore online CFM comish and participant.

Like I said, its great that you are optimistic and it seems like there are going to be more prospects in these draft classes than there were in Madden 15. But if there aren't JP please remember that guys that have been doing Online CFMs for years have managed to keep track of prospects w/o this "Draft Board" for years....

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #30
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

One thing that kind of confused me is how he implied that making you scout every week versus allowing you to save up your points made scouting adds another element of difficulty. I'm just not seeing that. I'd be scouting virtually all the same players either way whether it was over the course of 17 weeks or all in week 17 and it's not like the information is different either way.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #31
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

What's the limit on how many guys u can add to you board/wishlist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
One thing that kind of confused me is how he implied that making you scout every week versus allowing you to save up your points made scouting adds another element of difficulty. I'm just not seeing that. I'd be scouting virtually all the same players either way whether it was over the course of 17 weeks or all in week 17 and it's not like the information is different either way.
You don't necessarily know who's going to be left on your team in week 1 versus week 17 due to free agents and extensions, so it does make it somewhat harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »