Old 12-26-2015, 05:54 PM   #53
SilverBullet19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Resurrection of Sonoma State

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
I followed this thread when it first started, and I didn't have enough time until today to read it.

Congrats on becoming bowl eligible! Not bad considering you had 2 wins in year 1. Recruiting certainly makes the difference.
Thanks buddy! I appreciate you following and your feedback. It certainly is an exciting accomplishment for such a young program. My first year of recruiting was great, this season has been much different. Due to my house rules, the talent pool in CA is very slim. I'm looking forward to reaching 2* prestige so I can hit a few more states.

There may be a regression next year, at least defensively. I'll be losing both Johnson and Chambers (75 overall, JUCO senior DT's). They had a huge impact combining for about 20 sacks last season and on the pace for more this year. Thats the risk with JUCO guys though, you don't get them long and you'll have to recruit the same position early.

I'll hopefully get another game in Monday. With the better half off work for a few weeks, I will get games in about once a week through January.