View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 04:48 AM   #70
SilverBullet19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Post Season Press Conference

A transcript of the few questions fielded by HC Scott Wright during the end of season press conference, which he cut short to head home for the holidays.

Q: A big improvement this year, how do you feel about the program?

A: We have come a long way in a short time frame. We are definitely on the rise. We have a strong base and a lot of guys returning, so we expect only to improve.

Q: Do you feel like Brian Givens improved this season?

A: He still had a lot of interceptions, but it was a vast improvement. He is still young. His decision making is getting a lot better, which has me even more excited for next year.

Q: With such a quick turnaround, you look like a hot commodity in the coaching world. Do you plan to stay in Sonoma?

A: Wine country is my home. I am happy here, my family loves it here. It would take a lot to draw me away.

Q: Do you expect to renegotiate your contract at the end of the season?

A: We will be having some talks about where we are at as a program. We have those talks every year. I am hopeful for an extension though, absolutely. I'd like to really cement my name is as the coach of the future here.

Q: A lot of guys are coming back next season, but the big names leaving are Johnson and Chambers. How do you plan to replace your two defensive tackles that have been such a major contributor?

A: We only got these kids for two years, thats the downside for JUCO guys. We need the next man up. We may have to turn to more blitz packages in the future to get a pass rush like they did. Our defense is improving a lot, I think we will be fine.

Major Boise State fan