View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #28
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Would you want penalties like pass interference for online games in Madden 17?

@CMHooe, Again I emphasize "expectations" vs wants, there is a big difference in reference to this. No one wants to lose a game due to something out of their direct control and yes some, even those I have encountered actually playing competitively, might want them off in certain arenas but all of them went into every game with the full knowledge and expectation that all available penalties were on.

Directly to the general claim that it didn't matter much before because penalties didn't trigger in online ranked, I disagree. Obvious examples of this are Holding and to a lesser extent roughing the passer, two penalties that would occur frequently online that the User had nothing to do with. Also, considering not only did EA go through the trouble of adding PI penalties but also marketing that as a part of the new WR/DB interactions, having that be on by default online is a reasonable expectation.

Having stated all that, like others have noted, the generalization of the poll question is likely causing a mash up of POVs because penalties on by default in a traditional online ranked match vs a Draft Champions or MUT ranked match have completely different expectations. DC and MUT already aren't realistic by the very premise of the modes so it's reasonable that things like penalties wouldn't necessarily be either.