View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
diamok
Rookie

diamok's Arena

OVR: 0
Need help getting game to play/install on 360

Hey all,

Rented Madden 17 the other week, took it back before the rental time was up...pretty much same ole same ole, with cpu vs cpu hidden so deep in the options someone had to post a step by step guide so people could use it.

Anyway, never played 2k5, have a 360 and saw it is on the list of backwards compatible games. What the heck I figured.

So, spent just under $50 bucks to get a used copy of the game, a new 120gb HD for the 360, as I read BC requires an official Microsoft HD (I have the 360 Slim 4gb version, but never needed an HD in the past). So down to The Exchange I went, they told me it is an official Microsoft drive, so I bought it.

Okay cool. Got game, got HD installed. Put game in disc drive, Icon image does not show up, but the title of the game does. "Play ESPN NFL 2K5". I figure it might be a BC thing, so I tap A and wait. 3 seconds later, "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."

GAH!

Go to Xbox support, do all the stooooopid crap/steps they recommend and nothing. Same error, same result.

Now I think maybe it's just a bad disk. Back to The Exchange, get another copy, disk looks a tad better than other one, which wasn't bad to begin with, but whatever.

Back home, insert disk, same issue with Icon image not displaying, but what the heck, I press A.

Gah!!!!

Same issue...I try all the same **** again Xbox support suggest with the exact same results, which is nothing.

Now I am here, asking for help.

I read on Wikipedia that only the PAL 60ghz version of the game is supported, but again, the Xbox list on their site says nothing of this.

Sorry for long winded post, but annoyed, so rambling.

Please help.

Peace!

Last edited by diamok; 09-08-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove