View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #33
ProfessaPackMan
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2016-17 NBA MVP

A few things I'd like to breakdown:

-At first, I thought the whole Rebounding thing about him was some meme or joke that a blogger was making. But now I'm not sure whether to laugh or be stunned that it's in fact legit.

We're knocking him or basically saying his Rebounding average isn't that impressive because he's not down there boxing out 6'9/6'10 Big so therefore they're not "legit" and that his BIGS aren't the ones grabbing the rebounds, but we're going to knock HIM for that?

BUT, since we're on the discussion, I'll add to it:

Spoiler

TL: DR - They're not doing anything different than what they did last year as far as rebounding and allowing their "non-Bigs" to grab,

-I knew that article was up to some funny stuff when I read this immediately:

Quote:
Some sleuth on Reddit put together an impressive collection of links attempting to prove that Westbrook’s rebounding numbers are so high … because he’s not playing defense.
The last 2-3 years, we just had 2 candidates who weren't known for even attempting to play Defense(Steph and Harden, ironically and lord knows we can find plenty of articles about how Steph pulling up half court 3s on the regular is hurting his team's defense but I digress)and now all of a sudden it matters now in an MVP race?

Some more tidbits:

Spoiler

FWIW, I think Harden will win MVP and I won't have any issue with it and think he deserves it just as much as Westbrook does. But the arguments I see people using against Westbrook in a way to make what he's doing seem like it's actually "not that impressive", I'm actually surprised the ones using the Rebounding argument didn't do any research to see why that's the case.

Now if folks want to make the case that he's a chucker, I'd be on your side....because I know that who he is and always has been. But I do know that if this was Lebron doing this.....there would be crickets compared to Russ and OJ would be here talking about how they should name the MVP Trophy after him, lol.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 03-30-2017 at 07:52 PM.