Old 05-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #56
DeuceDouglas
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I loved the Big Decisions feature. I had players that were good players (WR's) that were two weeks removed from coming off the DL and I was taking a chance they healed quicker.
My only thing that could have been implemented separately (and far more realistically) and accomplished the exact same things regardless of Big Decisions. Instead of the arbitrary two-week model, Questionable/Doubtful designations with separate stat hits for both for example. It was a good thought, just poorly executed IMO. Outside of that and the coach goals though, everything else was already in the game it was just attempted to be friendlier and easier UI but, for me, felt more clunky and annoying than it was before. But just from 16 to 17 Big Decisions didn't really fundamentally change anything you did or what could do, it just tried to change how you did it.

It's like if 'Target Passing' this year turned out to just be a slightly tweaked version of 'Precision Passing' or whatever the passing mechanic is in 16 is called. It might be packaged differently so it seems new but if it works pretty much the same as 16 but with slight tweaks, yeah, it's still an improvement but not much which is what Big Decisions felt like.