Home

Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal

This is a discussion on Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2017, 11:21 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Totally understand what ea sports is going for here, they are going after all the exporters out there that play online and that play competitions, but us older guys that remember ea when they were all about franchise mode and if it's in the game it in the game motto, it's kinda disappointing now.

For me I love madden I've bought each years version since the first one and looking at it, I believe I'm going to skip this years, I kinda wish they being back passing cone loved that game play for me it was like playing a real qb looking to throw to that wide receiver and on defense playing a safety it was like when I played in college you read the qb eyes in zone along with playing an area, anyway I'll stick with 17 this year and try to wait out for 19 to come...
Old 05-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #50
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I was and am a fan of the vision cone. Calling it target passing makes it sound like something different like read and lead from NFL Fever which was really clunky and hard to use.

Hopefully it's a return of the vision cone and the 3 different play styles allows the people that loved/hated it to choose to use it.

Of the feature reveal and the trailer it's really the only piece of information that intrigued me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Always thought why not bring the vision cone back

just have a toggle to turn it on or off, Off by default for casual players since hardcore player will already know where to to turn it on

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
As of now, this is the information we have. When new information becomes available, it's reasonable to assume some people will change their opinion. The purpose of this board is to discuss the information available.
Over the past few years, that is all the info we receive at this time of the year.(and most people are aware of this)

It's not time to shout out the doom/gloom, and it's not time to throw a ticker tape parade, either.

I need more information on coverage audibles, sim mode, franchise mode and other tangibles that haven't been listed.

There isn't a good read one way or the other on the morsel of information that has dribbled out.

Last edited by roadman; 05-14-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #52
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I have no idea how most of these Madden reveals will pan out, not enough details, so I'll just touch on the two most straightforward reveals, imo, The Story mode and Frostbite.

Seems Frostbite can only be a good thing, bringing better graphics and potentially more life to the Madden environment, so propers for that.

When it comes to Story mode however, it adds to my frustration about in spite of so many other things getting passed over for improvement year over year, under the reasoning of improvements have to be prioritized, they continue to pile on new things, which seemingly few, if any, have even asked for. I can still remember when a key reasoning for CCM as a design decision was that it would allow more advancement as a whole because it would condense three separate modes into one. Yet since then, I can't even count off the top of my head how many new entire modes have been added versus prioritizing fleshing out what was already there, ie CFM. Imo, Story mode seems like it will continue that trend, which is unfortunate.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

A. Welcome Back, Big.

And I agree with you on most of your points.

I'll just say I'm indifferent on Story Mode.

If it's anything like Superstar mode, color me impressed.

People knew that FIFA had it with Frostbite last year and so naturally it was thought it would make it's way over to Madden, so, I'm not surprised.

Hard to tell if it took anything away from the development team at this point.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #54
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
If they didn't even re-do the quarterback throwing animations, I'm out.
They need to redo the throwing animations, drop backs, and Qb movement in the pocket in general.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #55
Just started!

OVR: 0
Can we please just have more than 1 RB carrying the ball the whole game? Hopefully that goes with coaching adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #56
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I loved the Big Decisions feature. I had players that were good players (WR's) that were two weeks removed from coming off the DL and I was taking a chance they healed quicker.
My only thing that could have been implemented separately (and far more realistically) and accomplished the exact same things regardless of Big Decisions. Instead of the arbitrary two-week model, Questionable/Doubtful designations with separate stat hits for both for example. It was a good thought, just poorly executed IMO. Outside of that and the coach goals though, everything else was already in the game it was just attempted to be friendlier and easier UI but, for me, felt more clunky and annoying than it was before. But just from 16 to 17 Big Decisions didn't really fundamentally change anything you did or what could do, it just tried to change how you did it.

It's like if 'Target Passing' this year turned out to just be a slightly tweaked version of 'Precision Passing' or whatever the passing mechanic is in 16 is called. It might be packaged differently so it seems new but if it works pretty much the same as 16 but with slight tweaks, yeah, it's still an improvement but not much which is what Big Decisions felt like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »