View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #27
johnnyg713
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710

And finally, I cringed once more when Rex said that they added sideline interactions when you run out of bounds, because '2K football had that 10 years ago'. There is a huge list of things 2K football did 10 years ago, yet this is what they pick? How about defensive back matchups where you can actually pick a defender and receiver - a simple feature 10 years ago that still trumps Maddens 18 'new' match-up feature. Or how about weekly highlight shows and a draft show. Things people have begged to have for 10 years. And we get sideline interactions instead.

Madden 18 has a lot of nice additions like I said, and if you line them up it looks great. I'll be pre-ordering as always. But when I watch interviews like this it always shocks me just how disconnected Rex and others speaking for Madden seem to be from a large portion of the sim community despite saying they are sim guys. Each new exciting bit of information from these interviews seems to always find itself sandwiched inbetween 2 things that either leave you confused or wondering what could have been.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

It's funny to read the comments year to year. Do you know how many threads were created for presentation and sideline interaction on this website? For years and years people wanted madden to up their presentation. Interactive sidelines was basically at the top of everyones wish list here at OS. I don't know what sim community you refer to, but Rex and his team have done a great job meeting the needs of this specific community.

Funny when they finally put it in the game, no one seems to care.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-12-2017 at 12:52 PM.