Old 06-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #66
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Off-Ball Injuries Are in Madden NFL 18, Changes to Hit Stick Functionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
No sir, it's not nagging at all, OL injuries during gameplay isn't a feature, it's a fix to an issue within the injury system. There is an entire thread about this from last year, in that thread is this same MO of defending this fix not being added, by devs and others, as a feature that isn't priority, doesn't matter much to most gamers, etc, just completely downplayed. Now that's it claimed to be done, it's supposed to be praised as the greatest thing since the stove, according to some of those same "others". Imo, that's far more exemplary of trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Everything doesn't have to be lumped into praise or criticism, the lack of OL injuries during gameplay deserved criticism but that doesn't mean the inclusion of it now, deserves praise. OL being able to be injured during gameplay is a good thing, that should be acknowledged and I'm glad to see it fixed..

That said, I'm unclear on what "offball injuries" actual entail and will be interested to learn how this impacts the overall injury system.
On the feature/fix debate, it is semantics. Off ball injuries were not present in the game, they are now; so I call it a feature. A bug would indicate it was intended to be there but didn't work. Think of it like buying a used car that doesn't have AC. Are you going to call the mechanic and tell them your AC is not working? Could we both agree that AC should be a standard feature on all contemporary cars?

Like CM said, we are not praising them for putting this in the game. Truth be told I think it was one of the minimum expectations going into this year. But no comment that I've read justifies your use of hyperbole here. No one is even coming close to warrant the stove comment.