Old 06-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #69
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Off-Ball Injuries Are in Madden NFL 18, Changes to Hit Stick Functionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
On the feature/fix debate, it is semantics. Off ball injuries were not present in the game, they are now; so I call it a feature. A bug would indicate it was intended to be there but didn't work. Think of it like buying a used car that doesn't have AC. Are you going to call the mechanic and tell them your AC is not working? Could we both agree that AC should be a standard feature on all contemporary cars?

Like CM said, we are not praising them for putting this in the game. Truth be told I think it was one of the minimum expectations going into this year. But no comment that I've read justifies your use of hyperbole here. No one is even coming close to warrant the stove comment.
I meant to add to my post that even though I quoted your post, I wasn't referring to you with "others" and I wasn't directly referring to any individual but all who took that POV in the thread I referenced, which I'm not even sure you even posted in.

Now, I didn't say anything about a "bug" fix, nor was I talking about offball injuries when referring to fixing an issue, I specifically stated OL injuries in gameplay. I can't stand "playing semantics" and that's not what I was doing, there is a distinct difference in offball injuries and OL injuries during gameplay with regard to Madden. I'm not making that up, feel free to check my post history on this topic last year, I've consistently tried to make that distinction to avoid any misunderstanding. Reason being, last year when it was revealed that OL couldn't be injured during game play, people asking about that in tweets, often got inflated to a request for offball injuries. Depending on what offball injuries entail, I'd probably agree with that being a feature but like I stated in my post, I don't know what all offball injuries entail and I was specifically referring to OL injuries in game play.

With that distinction hopefully being clear, having OL being hurt in game play, like all the other positions is NOT a feature, it's a fix to an issue that has existed for awhile. As others have stated, there was a time in Madden, prior to CCM, when OL could be injured in game play.

Finally, of course the stove comment was hyperbole, you'd be hard pressed to find many general inventions as good as the stove, much less anything done in a video game. The point was to emphasize how extreme some POVs had shifted about OL injuries from last year when they weren't in game to now that they are.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 06-12-2017 at 08:34 PM.