Old 06-13-2017, 03:51 AM   #2526
p_rushing
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergie51
Look everyone that fights for the UFC during a televised event is contributing to the UFC making money. Therefore they are making them money, albeit indirectly.

My point is, the UFC acts like the only way a fighter makes money for the company is if he headlines a PPV event and that is simply not true. This is one reason UFC doesn't disclose their books.

Bottom line is when they were somewhat flying under the radar they could get away with a 80/20 split, but they cannot continue to run the sport this way after it has become so popular.

People equate being famous with being rich and assume these guys are well off, but its simply not the case. Nate freakin Diaz was making 10k and 10k before McGregor, thats just ridiculous.

Im not really arguing with you about anything, just responding. I agree with you about Zuffa would still be doing the conor/mayweather fight, but I don't believe they would be pressing DJ to fight TJ. Not because of DJ, but because of the fight between TJ and Cody that is being sacrificed. Thats a big fight, and TJs punkass should just be patient and wait a couple months. He is going to regret this whole thing and the stress he is putting his body through.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't know where you got your info, but Nate has never been 10/10. Nate also isn't famous outside of his blind followers. They both think they are more popular than they really are. You don't have people calling for them to fight.

80/20 split is too low. I think it was around 16% for fighters. With the sponsors and Reebok it is probably making them more money.

The DJ fight is a win-win for the UFC.

TJ wins, DJ isn't p4p, loses his leverage, and proves he was just fighting lesser talent.

DJ wins, TJ was affected by the weight cut, TJ doesn't lose much for the Cody fight, DJ doesn't gain much because of weight cut.

It also sets up a rematch of 2 champs if TJ wins. So it's smart by the UFC to do this.

If I was DJ I wouldn't do it unless TJ makes weight and fights 1 time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk