View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #18
johnnyg713
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
6 out of the 9 passes in that video were stationary passes from the pocket. Here's the thing. You don't have to activate target passing right away. You can roll out of the pocket and THEN hit L2 to bring up the primary. Again, the point of the precision passing is to emulate the rule in the NFL, not the outlier. Believe me, Brady, Rodgers, etc. are outliers.

Also, do you know how difficult it is from a dexterity standpoint to control both sticks AND hit the face button to throw it? Get it into your hands and you'll see why it makes sense the way they did it. How many times have people asked for a skill gap. This mechanic introduces that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
To your first point, a QB does not roll out then stop so he can throw an accurate pass. Again he needs to avoid pressure and still try and throw it to the spot he wants it to go. There should be an accuracy penalty like people have said because THAT is what happens in real life.

As for your dexterity concern. I do stuff like that all the time in NHL, fifa, and NBA. In NHL i move my player with the LS, have control on my stick with the RS and pass with RT. NBA LS movement, RS dribble, A pass. I don't think people who chose to use the precision passing will have any issue with having to use multiple buttons.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-16-2017 at 09:27 AM.