View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #147
deu22ces
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That's exactly what usually ends up killing it for me. The way I'd describe my outlook is that I'm not looking to play games, I'm looking to play seasons. And basically everything you do outside of games is stuff that I feel needs to be a done significantly better because it's all very uninteresting and boring IMO. GamePlanning is all-around too shallow as is scouting. I really don't like the way injuries within Big Decisions are handled. And then re-signing negotiations are always easy as pie so there is no sense of actually really doing anything more than deciding whether to keep a player or let them go. So basically once I do a few GamePlan drills (which I'd honestly rather never do at all) it's just Play Game>Scout>Advance...Play Game>Scout>Advance. Throw in issues with CPU-Playcalling on the field and then their trade, draft, and overall roster logic off-the-field and it makes keeping me interested for multiple seasons a lot harder.
Deuce, agree 100%. Have the same feeling when I play the mode. It feels like everything put into the mode is simply 'check in the box', meaning it's put in to say it's merely 'in there', not to say that it was put in properly with depth and logic. The mode is robotic and tedious because of that. Everything requires a 'work-around' or you have to concede strategy to get a sense of any realism and balance from CPU teams.

I spent my teens and early 20's playing the mode exhaustively and try every single year to get back to wanting to play multiple seasons but just can't keep the desire past 1 off-season anymore. And the time required to invest in 32 team control just doesn't exist anymore for me. Heck, the excitement starts to fade after spending 30 mins just to get control of the 32 teams. Lol.

And for all the talk about how they want us to ignore the OVR rating anymore, would be nice if the CPU looked at anything but the OVR when making its decisions. And Deuce, among your many great posts, the one with the CPU drafting 5 QBs in a single draft was just painfully comical.