Old 08-17-2017, 01:23 AM   #8
BQ32
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Struggling playing on Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
vs GSW-

Run up and squeeze everyone they pass to with a combination of LT and RS up to keep a hand in their face

CPU doesnt react well to heavy pressure...always play the jumper because thats what theyre hunting most of the time...

https://streamable.com/09vq4
This to a degree, you can't just hold LT, stop their initial drive with quick pressure or play a proper angle. The Cpu has a really hard time scoring on me as long as I am not just messing around trying different things. Real defensive strategies work very well in this game. I like to dictate where the offense will flow with my defense ensuring I am funneling them to help at all times, the AI does an amazing job on off ball and help and rotations so take advantage of it.

On offense master the stick skills so you can exploit every angle or create openings with Kyrie/Legron/steph/kd. master the pick and roll, a fantastic tool with great control. Just know that the AI is superb in this game and will not defend it the same way every play so look for what they are giving you or know how you want to exploit what they show. Just like real basketball. Anticipate the openings instead of passing on reactions because the defense closes the gap quick and the passes are not always instant. Plays work well too but you need to understand what each one is giving you before you want to depend on them against Superstar and remember that plays don't necessarily have to give you an open shot but just an angle to create so be ready to exploit it.

So basically master the controls and then apply real world high level tactics. It is totally worth it, I am thinking like a baller while I play not just a gamer.