View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #144
ForeverVersatile
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why NBA Live 18 is ahead of the curve in terms of realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
not one person here that i see say overlook the obviously horrific stuff we see or vids that have been shown. there is no way you can overlook a guy going thru someones body. there is no way you can completely overlook someone doing a hesitation dribble and never putting the ball back down while still moving(travelling) but travelling is never called.

But with that said. Some of us HATE. and I mean this in the nicest way possible. but we HATE overproduced canned animations between multiple players. where you dont have the control. we dont care how good it LOOKS. if i didnt press that button in that manner why is my guy doing that thing? Makes no sense to some of us. we hate it, hate it, hate it.

There have been basketball games I've played in the past before it was just super 2k vs little ole live, and nobody else. When there were a good 3 or so games out at once and live was clearly in the lead. I played these other games looking for more realism and more freedom. Some of those games had horrible graphics. But the gameplay was actually more realistic. Most of my friends could not see what me and a select couple of friends could see.

It's the diamond in the rough analogy. We can see that shine coming thru the ugliness in live or in any hoop game that gives us the ability to decide what we're doing on the court(defense or offense.)

If someone were to ask me which game would you rather watch someone play. it would be 2k hands down, all day, every day, and twice on sundays.

If they asked me which game would you want to play...well that depends. Can I stomach NBA Live's rough stuff, to see the shine of freedom?
Because that is literally the only question some of us have. we already know what 2k is about. And we dont like the fact its over produced to make it look really nice where we feel we dont have control.

So in the end. Yes, some of us are willing to sacrifice her looks for her brains.you can date a hot not so bright person, but i would never marry someone that wasnt bright.just cant do it.
All I'm gonna say is go back and read the responses. It was either they don't see it or they're okay with it. That to me is over looking instead acknowledging it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app