MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Max Wolters | FIFA Coaching Career

Premier League

Week 13

Queens Park Rangers v Southampton

Pre-Match

Southampton come to London still trying to figure themselves out as they have a 4-4-4 record and are sitting 14th in the table. QPR are also in a struggle as they cannot move out of the 9-11 spots.

Match

The main concern for QPR was the front 3 of Southampton who have the Saints up to 4th in the league in scoring. For the first 75' of the match, the R's defense held tight and kept the score 1-1 following goals from Long and Luongo. But, like so many times this season already, the QPR defense lost concentration late in the match and the R's let in a 2nd goal in the 80'. This time it was Reed who came up with the winning goal to leave fans of the London side frustrated and confused to why this keeps happening.

Final: 1-2 Loss

Post Match

Reporter: "Coach, this is 5 matches in a row without a win. What can you do to turn this around?"
Wolters: "Hold a lead. Simple as that really. 5 matches without a win, I don't know the exact number but I'd say at least 3 of those we blew the lead."
Reporter: "Is there one thing that is leading to these blown leads?"
Wolters: "Yes, yes there is."
Reporter: "Can you explain?"
Wolters: "No, we know what we have to correct and I'm not going to share it with the public so everyone will know our future game plans. That is all for now. Thank you."

Last edited by stlducks; 08-20-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove