View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #107
deiied
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Target Passing In SIM Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
So ideally you would have kicking work the same way passing does? Kick power matters but accuracy doesn't. Give me a KAC 99 and 50 guy and as of now I'm probably connecting equally with both. As much as I want a simulation I also want user skill to be respected most. Granted I have no idea how to balance it but I wouldn't go the route of taking control away from the user. It pisses me off enough the times where the game will throw directly at defenders even if I rationalize it with my QB is terrible. I stand by TCP being sim only if the pass rush is solid because then the effects of pressure matter. no more getting hit but the ball is still pinpoint. Having to aim and throw with sufficient pressure means it will almost never be gamebreaking because you simply wouldn't have the time to get it where you want it. you will get it maybe in the general spot but it will not always be a completion
Ideally both would matter. The higher the power, the slower the kick meter. The higher the accuracy, the straighter the kick, with less drift.

I'm not advocating taking away control from the user, I feel that the user shouldn't be able to outplay the ratings.

Difficulty of target passing does not even factor in for me. It could be the easiest or toughest mechanic in the game but QB accuracy should play into the outcome of it isn't sim.