MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Max Wolters | FIFA Coaching Career

Premier League
Week 19
Liverpoolv Queens Park Rangers

Pre-Match
The crazy Christmas week is in full swing as QPR go to Anfield for their 3rd match in a week with another match only 3 days later. Liverpool are the top scoring side in the league, which comes as no surprise to anyone who watches. QPR have been solid defensively but with a few key players resting this match, things could become shaky in the back.

Match
QPR got off to a great start putting pressure on Liverpool and keeping the ball in the attacking half. Liverpool were lucky a few times to avoid giving up a goal but were able to clear every attempt from the R's in the first 18'. Liverpool finally had a chance in the 19' and they capitalized as Kevin Stewart received a very lucky bounce off a QPR clearance and had an easy tap in.
A penalty shout in favor of QPR was denied in the 34' which left Wolters steaming on the sideline. But QPR were able to draw level a minute before the break when Isak Ssweankambo scored his first goal for the R's off a corner.
2nd half was all Liverpool, the relentless attack finally broke QPR down. Coutinho and Ings scored to make the score 3-1 before Josh Onomah made a beautiful run and finished it was a tap in to bring it 3-2. Wolters took over a midfield defender to bring on another attacker to try bringing the score even but Liverpool again scored on a counter in the 89' to make it 4-2 and put the game away. The final goal coming from Roberto Firmino.
Final: 4-2 Loss

Post Match Interview
Reporter: "The score line will show Liverpool won easily but that wasn't the case, was it?"
Wolters: "No, not at all. For long periods in this match I thought we were the better side. But they were able to score on every chance they had while we were not able to finish today."
Reporter: "In the first half Onomah was brought down at the edge of the box. A free kick was given but you thought it should have been a penalty?"
Wolters: "From my point of view it looked like the contact started inside the box. It is a strange case as Josh was moving away from goal so he fell out of the box. But I believe the initial contact was inside the penalty area. No good thinking about it now but it is frustrating when you are fighting so hard and have a big chance not go your way."
Reporter: "Things do not get any easier from here as you go to Man City in 2 days. How will the players react?"
Wolters: "I think this might be a time where it is good to play again so quickly. Players are upset with the result and want to prove that they are better than this. City played today also so fatigue cannot be an excuse for either side."