Old 08-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #110
Haze88
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Target Passing In SIM Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiied
My first thought would be that the sensitivity of the left stick would be tied to accuracy. Example: Moving the reticle with low accuracy, the stick would move the reticle half way across the field with one "press"; moving the reticle with high accuracy and it would move it a yard or two with the "press" of the stick.

My second thought would be that the reticle would be oscillating relative to the target to make it difficult to pinpoint the exact location. High QB Acc and the reticle would not move around at all and would represent where the ball is going to land approximately. Low QB Acc and the reticle would be moving randomly within a radius of the target area. Sort of like the dart game from GTA 4/5, where the reticle is moving around the target area and you can attempt to throw when the reticle matches the target area.

These two options would be harder based on QB skill but it would still be possible to control where the pass was going if you did it perfectly.

The larger circle would be another option but I think that it takes too much away from the user. A large circle where you don't know where the ball is going to land is going to be very risky.
So turns out we agree on this mostly. I think the negative now is you cant move meaning a solid pocket could make this ridiculously easy if you have a solid o-line, although lines are very important to a QB's success, so it should be on the right stick which would mimic the difficulty of moving and being accurate as the target moves with you making aiming much harder even if not yet tied to accuracy