Old 08-21-2017, 08:17 PM   #863
beekay415
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Depends on what direction you want to go.

-If you're going for a full rebuild, O's would probably be more fun because you end up faced with either moving Machado to re-stock an extremely weak farm (aside from Chance Sisco), and trying to build around that rotation without a lot of high end arms. I look at the O's in the same boat as the Marlins (but with a better stadium), as a team with a reasonable amount of talent at the Major league level, but not much underneath. A half decent, tough and fun team to try to build. If you're planning to play a lot of the games, you get to play your home games at Camden, which is pretty friggin' beautiful, and a huge plus.

-The Reds have a good amount of decent prospects to try to put something together with, but they don't have nearly as much talent at the MLB level. Probably more entertaining to build if you're simming, because they've got Joey Votto, Billy Hamilton and then nobody. Sure, the Great American Ballpark is also beautiful, but if you're planning to actually play games, having Homer Bailey, Scott Feldman and Bronson Arroyo in your rotation added to the fact that you have to play against the Cubs a bunch of times, will require you to have a tonne of patience.

I personally really, really don't like the Orioles, but as tough as it is for me to say, I'd take them 100% of the time in this matchup.
Thanks for the input, think im leaning to the Orioles, weaker farm system then the reds and unlike real life ill have no problem tearing it down if i need to, which is probably likely.