Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 Beta Screenshots - Franchise

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 Beta Screenshots - Franchise within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #17
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Beta Screenshots - Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by albsur2003
The only thing that bothered me for some weird reason was Andruw Jones hitting .301 when he's been a career .263 hitter.
Umm, ummm.... thats not weird....

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 03-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #18
Pro

truckie16's Arena

OVR: 7

I thought more people would've caught that option for controling the CPU rosters and been pumped up about it. Even though the user can only control 4 teams, there was an option for roster edits to the CPU teams. This seems to be big bone of contention with quite a few on these boards. It seems as though if the CPU makes a boneheaded trade you just go in and reverse it.

Oh... and we all know the SOX are going to win more than 89 games! Sorry, Blue Jays fans.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

I thought the same thing Truckie16, but the dev's said specifically that wouldn't be in ... so ... I don't know. I guess we can find out in about 24 hours.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #20
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by albsur2003
Wow. The franchise stuff looks really cool. The offensive stats were a bit "high" but they are realistic. The only thing that bothered me for some weird reason was Andruw Jones hitting .301 when he's been a career .263 hitter.

The pitching stats looked good outside of a league high of 160 Ks. The league high is usually in the 200s.
Well the difference between a .250 hitter and a .300 hitter is about 1 hit a week, definitely within the flukiness factor for a single season.
Definitely agree with everything else though, outside of the strikeouts nothing seems to really jump out as way off.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #21

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

steve i thank you for all that you have done i just wish for the franchise you would have used a good team like the dodgers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #22
Rookie

adam's Arena

OVR: 2

Pat Burrell was tied for the lead with Chipper in assissts...apparently he threw out 254 people from LF...more than 1.5 a game....

Free Agency was absolutely loaded, but the beta was obviously put out before some trades and resignings...Santana, K-Rod, Texeira, Nathan, Sheets, Morneau, Pedro....(keep in mind MIN still had Santana for this season, therefore let go their Ace, Closer, and MVP all in one year....hopefully they worked on the resigning AI a little)

Chase Utley was making $16,000,000, he makes about $5,000,000....

Brandon Webb for Robinson Cano (maybe more)...good to see that stars will still get traded....but the D-Backs were fine at 2B with Orlando Hudson...I guess it depends on what else, if anything, they got in return to determine if it was a good deal....
Old 03-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #23
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
Free Agency was absolutely loaded, but the beta was obviously put out before some trades and resignings...Santana, K-Rod, Texeira, Nathan, Sheets, Morneau, Pedro....(keep in mind MIN still had Santana for this season, therefore let go their Ace, Closer, and MVP all in one year....hopefully they worked on the resigning AI a little)

Chase Utley was making $16,000,000, he makes about $5,000,000....

Brandon Webb for Robinson Cano (maybe more)...good to see that stars will still get traded....but the D-Backs were fine at 2B with Orlando Hudson...I guess it depends on what else, if anything, they got in return to determine if it was a good deal....
For the FA's, a lot of those guys will appear in the FA screen but resign w. their original team.

For the stars being trade, that's no longer an issue because we can control the CPU rosters so you can undo any trade.

For the money, I'm not sure what's going on there. Perhaps it's total salary and not annual?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #24
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

what really made me happy about these stats is that Scott Podsendnik didn't hit a home-run all year. Very Very realistic on that one. Not so much...
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »