Home

Madden Mondays Week 4: Returning Missed Field Goals: GameStop

This is a discussion on Madden Mondays Week 4: Returning Missed Field Goals: GameStop within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden Mondays Week 4: Returning Missed Field Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
EA is sort of bringing it on themselves in a way though. I understand they feel the need to top themselves yearly in terms of ways to hype the game, but I don't think it's necessary. This year they seem intent on detailing every little thing they've added to the game in the three months leading up to the game's release - this is the earliest we've ever had substantive information on the game at this stage. It's definitely welcome, but with this approach they have to find a way to sustain it. I can understand their approach, but it does come off as "look what we did" instead of taking the approach most developers seem to take in just detailing major additions and letting fans find out the little things that make games enjoyable. Can you imagine if Rockstar took this approach with GTA IV? They would've been talking every Monday for a couple years - at least.

Either way, it seems unnecessary given the quality of the game the past few years. But they seem to think they can move more copies giving people the equivalent of a bunch of sugar rushes versus a hearty meal with less frills. And for the most part, it's worked
Agreed.

I am hoping that they are holding out for something bigger that they'll announce closer to the release. But seeing as how this is linked with Gamestop, its nothing more than a marketying ploy to get more people into the Gamestop stores and pre-order the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #34
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Since when does Hester have an arm band that almost touches his elbow?

Plus the stadium is messed up again..Probably due to the restrictions
Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Since when does Hester have an arm band that almost touches his elbow?

Since he got that Green Bay Packer tattoo...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

In a real game, FG’s are usually returned due to the opposing teams lack of awareness. With that being said, are they gonna “dumb down” the A.I. in those situations to give you a shot at returning a mised FG? If so, the kicking team is at a disadvantage. If not, why attempt a return if it's unlikely that you'll get to the original spot of the kick?

You should only be able to attempt really long field goals at the end of the Half or Gamewinning/tying situations AND the attempt can be no more than 10 yards over their personal best)
Old 05-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #37
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

I think i returned my first field goal in Nfl2k1 with R.W. Mcquarters. How is this something new?
Old 05-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
I think i returned my first field goal in Nfl2k1 with R.W. Mcquarters. How is this something new?
Maybe because it's a "set" play as opposed to moving any random player back to field the ball.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You might get yelled at for calling out a "new" feature that was an after thought in a game 7 YEARS AGO.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree with a lot of you that this is a nice feature that EA shouldn't really be hyping because it should be a given that it's in the game (but honestly is this nugget of info 3 months before the game releases "hyping"?). However, I will also say it's quite annoying that everytime EA does the right thing and fixes or adds something, small or otherwise, that there is a big tribe of people who come out to say the infamous "why are they adding or fixing xxxx when they should be working on xxxx?!?!".

Example: In the past few years we've seen people saying why did they fix such and such instead of working on online leagues? Then this year EA adds online leagues and I see people typing the infamous "why are they working on online leagues instead of **fill in another issue***?!"

It honestly is quite ridiculous because EA needs to fix a lot of things to make the game right and just because they don't fix the things you deem most important, in the order you deem correct, doesn't meant it's not something they needed, at some point, to fix to make a better game. The bottom line is nearly everyone says basic things about the game need fixed and this is a basic thing that should be fixed so it should be a positive thing it's being fixed, not an occasion to whine. I mean my God, complaining about EA fixing a basic game issue that does need fixed is just plain silly.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »