Home

NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #25
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: EA Sports: new Comparsion Video 08 vs. 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Boy I sure hate to be the one who brings REALITY to this love fest! Um how about instead of convoy blocking how bout a real QB pocket or here is a great idea actual oline/dline interaction. Once again this is EA throwing "fluff" at us and people loving it, we really are sheep. Not one of those cool new things will do anything to gameplay. Im sorry but like I said EA putting a new coat of paint on a crap engine, instead of fixing the core problem. Hey I coulb be wrong and the game could be great, but going on Ea track record I'm going to guess once again all hype no substance
If u were to Put 20 people infront of a white wall and ask if it's white or green. 1 will prolly say green. I like the fact that you can hit a WR while hes trying to bobble a catch. And for that other ***** thats 83# running next to Pat white not 93#. For the mascot celebrations they are not that realistic, but add more of a fun facor to the gm the eagle flying from that guys arm is funny., you got to admit.

Last edited by MacPlex; 05-20-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #26
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Tight video, I thought the "Convoy blocking" and celebration animations were tight.

I just kinda wished they released a different video. This should be the stuff we discover on our own that we post in a "The Little Things..." thread rather than stuff they use to hype their game. I just hope there's more little surprises that's left for us to discover on our own.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 05-20-2008, 05:07 PM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The video was really nice. The one thing I didn't get was the QB animation comparison. Was I missing something there?

There was a lot of nice stuff in that video. It doesn't say the game is perfect or doesn't have problems but it would be nice if the haters acknowledged that it was more than just fluff particularly since many haters rag on EA's presentation.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The most important change IMO is the Defensive pre snap animations.

For instance, seeing the LBs run down to the line, the Free Safety creep up showing blitz, then slowly creeping back a few steps was very much needed.

In 08, if you called a Safety Blitz, very rarely did the Safeties "actually" creep up to get a better jump on the snap. And if they did, it was sloooooowly. This looks 100x better and should really help as far as different blitz packages and confusing the offense on what the Defense is going to do.
Of everything they showed, this was the one I was sorta ambiguous about. I wasn't for sure if that was the play they called or if it was the show blitz feature. If you look at it in 08, they didn't show guys moving. But in 08 if you used show blitz, the exact same guys move that they are showcasing for 09 and they moved to the exact same spots. The only thing the Safety didn't do last year and even on 07 was creep back. But if you use show blitz in 08 and 07 I don't see much of a difference from what they showed in that vid for 09. The only thing they are doing in the 08 part is not using the show blitz feature from what I can tell give or take a few minor movements after it is done.

Other things looked pretty good.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #29
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
" This looks exactly like 08" lol their eating those words now. Look at the vid again some of you were too amped to even notice tebows facemask. They have new facemask in the gm Yessssssssssssssssssss. The convoy gives a real college feal. All this gm need was to make the players "loose". Which im seeing more and more. The new analog jukes will take this gm to the next level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Freaking....AMPED!!!

So many nice little additions that will make this game more immersive. Post-play celebrations, sideline tiptoes, convoy blocking, etc. I'm excited as ever fellas.

How about the Oregon Duck unis!?!

I also noticed they fixed Tim Tebow's face mask (my man crush in full effect lol).

56 days!
This Gator fan noticed the facemasks! LOL. I've been asking for new facemasks for 2 years now. Finally.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #30
Rookie

johnrice20022002's Arena

OVR: 4

Well...I may actually purchase this years NCAA after a four-year hiatus. Presentation and o-line/d-line interaction were 2 huge aspects of the game that needed work since the next-gen transition. At least one of those is being looked at. Convoy blocking and defensive pre-snap animations are both welcomed additions, with the latter being my most favorite feature. If the audio fits the animations, then I will be a very happy man.

And that analog control really adds to the "loose" feeling EA is going towards this year. Getting closer and closer to the real thing. Can't wait for 2012...that joint's going to be off the chain since it takes EA two years to implement a decent amount of tweaks to their archai...I mean "authentic" game engine lol.

Sorry, I just had to get my jab in. I mean, come on, Pete Maravich = Laron Profit?*

*Check my other posts for that reference*
Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

i cant wait to use the analog stick running system, this is the way it should have been originally done by ea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #32
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

They should have had a video showcasing how much better the CPU QB is......because seriously thats what really took the game down a notch last year.

I was just as pissed as everyone else about the lack of atmosphere, but the ******** CPU Qbs were what really killed the game.

I hope people at their community event really pick the CPU QBs apart and give us a really detailed write up of how they've improved/if they've improved

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »