Home

NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #65
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports: new Comparsion Video 08 vs. 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Thats fine we all have our likes and dislikes, but there are somethings that no one can argue, Oline/Dline interaction is still better in 2ks 5 year old game, gang tackling and tackling in general is lacking in EA's game on a 100x more powerful system. It just blows my mind how they think that adding "convoy blocking" adds to realism. No matter how you slice it this is EA 101, add worthless features that sugar coat the real problems. And once again the majority is eating it up.

And another thing that I dont get is Football is a copy cat sport, take what the other game did better and its not opinion that its better its a FACT and try to copy it on a 100x better system, I just don't get it!

its about the $$$ man and how far they can push down their costs while maximizing their profits.(And EA is more adamant about that then most companies, don't anybody even try to argue it)

Anyways I don't want to turn this into a complete negativity thread so I'll say, that again Im really impressed by the models this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison

All that needs to be said here:

If the improvements were so great, why isn't there any actual footage from live plays?

Answer:

Because EA's doing the same thing they do every year--trying to hide a moldy piece of bread by spraying it with a fresh layer of whipped cream.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't understand what you're saying here. What is a fact? That 2K was a better game on a lesser system? That's not fact, again that's simply your opinion.
No I guess I should have clarified, the aspects in 2ks game that are better, tackling, line interaction etc... Some things like I said no matter which game play you prefer 2k game did better and still does better and its been 4-5 years. Take the best of both games and combine them. And there are alot of things in EA's game that are better. Just combine the two they have a better system and the resources to do it.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

If the improvements were so great, why isn't there any actual footage from live plays?

Answer:

Because EA's doing the same thing they do every year--trying to hide a moldy piece of bread by spraying it with a fresh layer of whipped cream.
All that really needs to be said here: if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-20-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #69
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

Answer:

Live plays??

If you are referring to gameplay videos where people are actually playing the game, that has been done already and is posted in this thread.

If thats not what you mean then I am

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #70
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Someone posted that EA is adding worthless features and people are "eating it up". I don't know that people are eating it up so much as some of us like the series, know what to expect (the good, the bad, and the ugly) and we welcome anything thats different, new, and may advance the game in the slightest.

Speaking for myself, I already know going in that there are going to be the same aggrevations that have been in the series for sometime now. But even though these shortcomings are in the game, I still enjoy it.

So I don't know that we are eating up, but rather welcoming new additions to a game that we already enjoyed, dispite its faults.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
No I guess I should have clarified, the aspects in 2ks game that are better, tackling, line interaction etc... Some things like I said no matter which game play you prefer 2k game did better and still does better and its been 4-5 years. Take the best of both games and combine them. And there are alot of things in EA's game that are better. Just combine the two they have a better system and the resources to do it.
Ok, well I don't think you will find any disagreement at all from anyone on this forum, and most certainly not from me. I've said before I wish EA would get the 2K games and just see what it is they do right and steal those ideas. One thing that's promising, they do seem to be stealing some of those ideas already, unfortunately it's the smaller things, such as camera flashes in the crowd for Madden (a feature I loved from APF2K8). They need to try to copy some of the larger, more difficult game features too.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, well I don't think you will find any disagreement at all from anyone on this forum, and most certainly not from me. I've said before I wish EA would get the 2K games and just see what it is they do right and steal those ideas. One thing that's promising, they do seem to be stealing some of those ideas already, unfortunately it's the smaller things, such as camera flashes in the crowd for Madden (a feature I loved from APF2K8). They need to try to copy some of the larger, more difficult game features too.
Exactly, thats why in a way I kind of hope EA does purchase Take 2 then they can have access to the "files" and take and implement what ever they wantl. Again thats ASSUMING that is what they would do and not just bury the company. But you know what happens when we assume

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »