Home

Madden 09: celebration videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden 09: celebration videos (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: celebration videos on IGN

w...t...f...
Old 06-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 52

Hey guys - thought I'd respond to this post with a couple of points:

1. Post play is a totally different area from gameplay...so if anyone's concerned about us spending too much time here and not focusing on gameplay issues, that concern is invalid
2. The "dunk" is not a dunk - that's a specific layup animation for players that are too short or don't have a high enough jump rating to actually dunk over the post
3. I am actually pretty upset about the Lambeau Leap animation - that's the first time I've actually seen it in game, and it seems they used one of the wall celebration animations from NFL Tour instead of the real Lambeau animation. I know this because I directed the motion capture of 2 variations of it - see videos:

I will check to see if we can sneak a change in for a patch. I know it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's not even close to what we are supposed to be using for the Lambeau Leap - you all are right - it's like Spiderman or something. Just a mistake here by whoever was working on it...we don't have accuracy experts working on every aspect of the game so sometimes things like this can slip through.

4. I am pretty sure the Mile High salute is still in

5. You CAN steal another player's celebration. So if you score against TO, and you hit the steal button (I think it's B / Circle), you have a chance of doing one of TO's celebrations.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 06-23-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Thanks for looking into it, Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks Ian, you rule.

Not that it's that big of an issue. It would just bug me every time I scored a TD at Lambeau.

Last edited by BFavre4MVP; 06-23-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
lmao...i think celebrations should be cutscenes..that way it the lambeau leap could be better because it would involve the crowd..there could also be some celebrations that involve other players as well
Agreed 100%. One of my top priorities for 2010 FYI.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Hey guys - thought I'd respond to this post with a couple of points:

1. Post play is a totally different area from gameplay...so if anyone's concerned about us spending too much time here and not focusing on gameplay issues, that concern is invalid
2. The "dunk" is not a dunk - that's a specific layup animation for players that are too short or don't have a high enough jump rating to actually dunk over the post
3. I am actually pretty upset about the Lambeau Leap animation - that's the first time I've actually seen it in game, and it seems they used one of the wall celebration animations from NFL Tour instead of the real Lambeau animation. I know this because I directed the motion capture of 2 variations of it - see videos:

I will check to see if this change can be sneaked in for a patch. I know it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's not even close to what we are supposed to be using for the Lambeau Leap - you all are right - it's like Spiderman or something. Just a mistake here by whoever was working on it...we don't have accuracy experts working on every aspect of the game so sometimes things like this can slip through.

4. I am pretty sure the Mile High salute is still in

5. You CAN steal another player's celebration. So if you score against TO, and you hit the steal button (I think it's B / Circle), you have a chance of doing one of TO's celebrations.
Why is it that IGN continue to show videos/trailers that for the most part, seem to create an uproar throughout the community? Their gameplay videos are cool, but they do a bad job at trailers and features. You have to always come in and clarify things, then the community takes a deep sigh and says "Whew, I'm glad (this or that) will be fixed."
Old 06-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #55
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

My old Gameday 99 had a better Lambeau leap than that!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Why is it that IGN continue to show videos/trailers that for the most part, seem to create an uproar throughout the community? Their gameplay videos are cool, but they do a bad job at trailers and features. You have to always come in and clarify things, then the community takes a deep sigh and says "Whew, I'm glad (this or that) will be fixed."
You know I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I won't venture into conspiracy theory here, but it sure doesn't seem like they've done us too many favors does it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »