Home

Madden 09: celebration videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden 09: celebration videos (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: celebration videos on IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
My old Gameday 99 had a better Lambeau leap than that!!!
Got a vid? That'd be funny to see.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
You know I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I won't venture into conspiracy theory here, but it sure doesn't seem like they've done us too many favors does it?
I think it would be a good idea if IGN had to pass their videos through you guys at EA for approval. Who cares if they get upset because at this point they're turning people away.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #59
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
lmao...i think celebrations should be cutscenes..that way it the lambeau leap could be better because it would involve the crowd..there could also be some celebrations that involve other players as well
As long as the cutscene is seamless and doesn't feel stitched in with the rest of the game. I hate when the cutscene feels like it was taken from another product and thrown in. It breaks the sense of immersion.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #60
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I think it would be a good idea if IGN had to pass their videos through you guys at EA for approval. Who cares if they get upset because at this point they're turning people away.
To be fair to IGN, is their job to hype the game, or to give us unbias info with which we are armed to make our own decision?

IGN posted the vids. It's not their job to say "Well, this is just one of those mistakes that slipped through." It's their job to call it like they see it and let us decide. They're not a hype machine, they're a consumer information outlet.

At least... theoretically. It seems to me most video game news sites are WAY too buddy-buddy with the industry. We generally get honest reviews, but we rarely get honest PREviews.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #61
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I think IGN did us all a favor by showing the spiderman leap.. err.. lambeau leap. Now Ian & EA is aware of it now instead of 2 months from now. Hopefully it'll be fixed sooner as a result.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 16

I hear you Ian and I hope its patched...

I just can't see who approved this to be in the game and actually give the thumbs up to show this like we wouldn't know the difference....

Maybe one of the Dev's made a mistake and put the wrong code in the game..

Dev after watching IGN video...

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #63
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I hear you Ian and I hope its patched...

I just can't see who approved this to be in the game and actually give the thumbs up to show this like we wouldn't know the difference....

Maybe one of the Dev's made a mistake and put the wrong code in the game..

Dev after watching IGN video...

the problem is the animation itself. Heck id be surprised if someone hasnt don that after a TD. The problem is it being called the lambeu leap. obviously they have a few animations so hopefully its as simple as reaganging the code and not importing new animations via patch cause if that was the case I wouldnt hold my breath.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 8

While you are on Ian, can you guys create a different tackle animation than the straight leg, right arm over the shoulder straight out tackle. The tackle you see on the slant thrown for a touch down per the celebration vids. That tackle is tired and over used!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »