Home

Madden 09: celebration videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden 09: celebration videos (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: celebration videos on IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
While you are on Ian, can you guys create a different tackle animation than the straight leg, right arm over the shoulder straight out tackle. The tackle you see on the slant thrown for a touch down per the celebration vids. That tackle is tired and over used!
And do me a big favor Ian and go over there to the NCAA team and make them add dreadlocks and long hair to their list of things to do for 2010

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 8

Oh, last but not least, Terry Glenn is a lighter skin brotha. In the vid I thought he was TO.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Oh, last but not least, Terry Glenn is a lighter skin brotha. In the vid I thought he was TO.
Yeah Glenn is way too dark I agree

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
To be fair to IGN, is their job to hype the game, or to give us unbias info with which we are armed to make our own decision?

IGN posted the vids. It's not their job to say "Well, this is just one of those mistakes that slipped through." It's their job to call it like they see it and let us decide. They're not a hype machine, they're a consumer information outlet.
Lets put it like this:

Let's say I'm on MTV Cribs and you are the MTV crew. You guys wanted me, and I gave you complete access to my home.

The video shoot is over. Now, it's time to air!! I'm sitting at home anxiously waiting to see the show.

OK, the camera is panning over to the Bentley. Oh, yeahhhh!!

The camera zooms in...........................to the bird poop on the mirror.

That's what IGN does in some of their Madden videos. They don't have to hype the game, but if they're given early access and priviledges, they should damn well give a good presentation.

If they're supposed to give us an unbiased opinion, they're doing a bad job at it.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 06-23-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #69
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Lets put it like this:

Let's say I'm on MTV Cribs and you are the MTV crew. You guys wanted me, and I gave you complete access to my home.

The video shoot is over. Now, it's time to air!! I'm sitting at home anxiously waiting to see the show.

OK, the camera is panning over to the Bentley. Oh, yeahhhh!!

The camera zooms in...........................to the bird poop on the mirror.

That's what IGN does in some of their Madden videos. They don't have to hype the game, but if they're given early access and priviledges, they should damn well give a good presentation.

If they're supposed to give us an unbiased opinion, they're doing a bad job at it.

wow, thats a pretty clever analogy my man. good stuff
Old 06-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
wow, thats a pretty clever analogy my man. good stuff
Thanx
Old 06-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 16

O yeah..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
we don't have accuracy experts working on every aspect of the game so sometimes things like this can slip through.
Im not trying to sound cold or anything but....

The hell does that mean?

how can you have someone working on an NFL LICENSED game and not know what the Lambeau Leap looks like?

I have to LOL @ "We don't have accuracy experts working on every aspect of the game"...

If you guys let something like this slip, I wonder what else did....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
O yeah..

Im not trying to sound cold or anything but....

The hell does that mean?

how can you have someone working on an NFL LICENSED game and not know what the Lambeau Leap looks like?

I have to LOL @ "We don't have accuracy experts working on every aspect of the game"...

If you guys let something like this slip, I wonder what else did....
Come on man...just think a little deeper. Think about every artist that you've met - the ones that went to art school, or film school, or worked in graphic design, or did animation for Disney films - ones that are really talented and gifted in their craft. Or folks that grew up in Japan or Korea their whole life and are relatively new to the US. You've got to realize that not every single person in a creative field like animation might not know what Green Bay players specifically do whenever they score. That's why there are folks like me around here - and unfortunately I never saw it to sign off on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »